It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 6:47 pm

Help to assemble a formula

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help to assemble a formula

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 4:58 am This time I don't know whether to be happy that you pressure me to learn or whether to start crying, honestly.
Let's see, although I already do things by myself, with problems of course, but little by little I have been getting the idea of how to work the code, that detail as you call it, I have not read it anywhere yet, and to change one lowercase letter for a capital letter it's terrifying that you left me alone looking for it, but hey, the important thing is that I already achieved it, I checked and it was the only coincidence that could affect it, since I was working on your instructions on how to assemble it and I had been careful not to nothing wrong, but the log generates the text in lowercase and I exchanged it in uppercase.
Thanks, I can now put a function in the ping graph to pause the measurement when the router is disconnected.
Thank you very much for helping me again. :rosegift: :rosegift: :rosegift: :great: :thumbup: :D
arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 6:13 am Now that I have resolved my debt, I'm going to the other part of making the fund with Shape. It would be according to what you tell me. use something like this? Shape=Rectangle 1,1,(#Size#),(#Size#) | Fill Color 255,0,0,255 Of course the color would be transparent, I added color to see it first. Would the variables go in parentheses or not? I tried both ways and it didn't work :confused:
Also honestly, you just can't blame others for such "terrifying" things as not writing down even the letter case corrections for you. Are they supposed to think, read and understand things in your place? You had almost the entire contents of the measure literally spelled out in the instructions - including the correct letter case in the substitution, by the way - so you can't say that you "didn't read about it anywhere yet" or that you were "left alone" to look for typos that shouldn't have occurred in the first place if you followed those extremely specific instructions.

Another example, the rectangle issue. The formulas page in the manual makes it clear when are the parentheses required:
Mathematical formulas must be entirely enclosed in (parentheses) to alert Rainmeter that it is a formula, unless they are being used in the Formula option of a Calc measure or in a IfCondition option, where the function is always assumed to be a formula, and the enclosing parentheses are optional.
Also, even though balala specifically pointed out earlier that the #Size# variable is just a multiplication factor that can have subunitar or at most single digit values (something already clear when looking at the formulas in your existing code), you still expect it to be enough on its own when drawing a rectangle many times larger than that value. Now tell me, is this something that others need to tell you, or it's something that it's so obvious than it shouldn't even be mentioned?

Remember, this forum is about helping with Rainmeter code, not about having to repeat a thousand times what other information sources or previous replies already mention. We can't be held responsible when someone isn't able to get it even though already provided with all the info that could ever be needed to do so.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 29th, 2023, 4:12 pm Also honestly, you just can't blame others for such "terrifying" things as not writing down even the letter case corrections for you. Are they supposed to think, read and understand things in your place? You had almost the entire contents of the measure literally spelled out in the instructions - including the correct letter case in the substitution, by the way - so you can't say that you "didn't read about it anywhere yet" or that you were "left alone" to look for typos that shouldn't have occurred in the first place if you followed those extremely specific instructions.

Another example, the rectangle issue. The formulas page in the manual makes it clear when are the parentheses required:

Also, even though balala specifically pointed out earlier that the #Size# variable is just a multiplication factor that can have subunitar or at most single digit values (something already clear when looking at the formulas in your existing code), you still expect it to be enough on its own when drawing a rectangle many times larger than that value. Now tell me, is this something that others need to tell you, or it's something that it's so obvious than it shouldn't even be mentioned?

Remember, this forum is about helping with Rainmeter code, not about having to repeat a thousand times what other information sources or previous replies already mention. We can't be held responsible when someone isn't able to get it even though already provided with all the info that could ever be needed to do so.
No, my friend, don't take this the wrong way, I learn a lot, just that sometimes I don't realize those silly things, so to speak, and I know that it is tedious to rectify the same procedure in several situations, I understand that, I know what Balala specifically was for a static background, but I had all the planets with a modifiable size, and the speed, that is, the value of Update, I have with a variable. On the other hand, I couldn't use a fixed measurement because it wouldn't let me move the planet when it was small due to the size of the skin, that's why I wanted to make it dynamic. In last night's comment I edited it today, rectifying that I had already solved it. and now it works as expected. I know that I need to read the manual a lot so that the ideas and ways of working with it stick. and believe me, I'm doing it. I have managed to optimize many things by reading the manual. and having your help is very important, and I value it very vital to learn. Thanks for the help. Let me ask a question, I have a skin that is the solar system and the planets revolve around the sun, now, they are static images, try to put the ones that I have animated so that it looks more beautiful and I can't do it, can it be done? ? That is, it is putting those planets that I have to rotate in circles on the screen, can I do the 2 animations at the same time? Then I'll show you the code for the solar system, you already have the code for my planets. Thanks again :great: :great: :thumbup: :bow:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 28th, 2023, 8:50 pm Sorry, but can't follow you. You are confusing again the refresh and update operations, which are completely different things. What I think is that you want to refresh the skin when the counter you're talking about reaches 5. If I1m right, and you've followed Yincognito's recommendation, the COUNT function once the skin is loaded, starts counting. This goes on even if you refresh the skin and even if you activates another skin from the same config (obviously assuming there are more skins). To get it restarting from 0 you have to unload the skin, then have to reactivate it. These operations are done by the !DeactivateConfig then !ActivateConfig bangs (in this order, not as you wrote in you reply).
How and for what do you want to use the WebParser measure is completely not clear to me at this moment. So, some additional information are expected here.
Hello hello, no no, it was not a confusion, it seems that when it came to translating it was not done correctly, I was referring to refresh as you thought, !Refresh, I tried to use it in an if condition and it did not work for me, I wanted it to be when If a condition is met, a skin will be refreshed for me to take the modified values, but well for the moment it will no longer be necessary since with the webparser that Yincognito helped me complete I already have the question resolved.
although I still wonder if I can use it in a conditional.
Yincognito recommended that I use Shape to increase the size of the skin in the case that you had recommended, I tried it and it is actually much more comfortable than using the [Rainmeter] section. I will share with you what I added, maybe it will help something. and as Yincognito mentioned, it does not depend on the rainmeter section and is easier to update and manipulate.

Code: Select all

[SetSquareBackground]
Meter=Shape
X=5
Y=5
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,(160*#Size#),(160*#Size#) | Fill Color 255,255,255,0 | Stroke Color 255,255,255,0
DynamicVariables=1
So your planet is now perfect, because well the image I use is yours, but I can now make it work with any of that type, which was the idea of learning how to use it. and with the TransformationMatrix formulas that you helped me with, I became like the rest. Thank you and well, as I mentioned to Yincognito, I am moving forward for now, there is no doubt, I am completing the ideas I have.
ahh, I made a third page protected by a password, when you access it it asks you to enter a password, if it is the correct one, go to the third one, otherwise it will go to the second one, behind you you have the option to change the password to whatever you want, and if you go back On page 3 a different value is written so that you have to enter it again if you return. I did this as a challenge to see if I could achieve it, but once it's done I'm going to place on that page the variables that are most dangerous to change, and that way I don't have to access the files to manipulate anything.
I know that in the end this security is nothing because you can change it very easily from the code, but as a decoration it is fine for me.
Ahile was asking my friend Yincognito that I found someone's skin published from a solar system where the planets rotate around the sun in circles of course, but they are still images, I can't make the animated ones of my planets rotate the same??? I would like to modify that skin and animate all the planets that I have. It would look great.
greetings and good afternoon. :bow: :bow: :bow: :great: :great: :thumbup:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 6:19 pm ahh, I made a third page protected by a password, when you access it it asks you to enter a password, if it is the correct one, go to the third one, otherwise it will go to the second one, behind you you have the option to change the password to whatever you want, and if you go back On page 3 a different value is written so that you have to enter it again if you return. I did this as a challenge to see if I could achieve it, but once it's done I'm going to place on that page the variables that are most dangerous to change, and that way I don't have to access the files to manipulate anything.
I know that in the end this security is nothing because you can change it very easily from the code, but as a decoration it is fine for me.
Yes, for "decoration" it might be useful, but for real protection, well, it has nothing to do with a real protection. But you figured this outm just by yourself, it seems, so it's alright (I think).
arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 6:19 pm Ahile was asking my friend Yincognito that I found someone's skin published from a solar system where the planets rotate around the sun in circles of course, but they are still images, I can't make the animated ones of my planets rotate the same??? I would like to modify that skin and animate all the planets that I have. It would look great.
Perfectly doable, using TransformationMatrix options. But even more, you can write the option in a way to, beside the inclination and rotation around the Sun, make the planet to grow and shrink a little bit on its orbit around the Sun. If you are interested, please posta link of the skin you're talking about.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 29th, 2023, 7:12 pm Yes, for "decoration" it might be useful, but for real protection, well, it has nothing to do with a real protection. But you figured this outm just by yourself, it seems, so it's alright (I think).

Perfectly doable, using TransformationMatrix options. But even more, you can write the option in a way to, beside the inclination and rotation around the Sun, make the planet to grow and shrink a little bit on its orbit around the Sun. If you are interested, please posta link of the skin you're talking about.
Of course, here I uploaded the skin that I downloaded, I want to put my planets on it and the size is not what I'm worried about adjusting, but hey, everything I can learn is fine, I want to maybe keep this idea and put my planets in orbit, And well, I would use the angle configuration that we already have in place, and the speed must be that of the system itself so that it looks quite real, so to speak. :D
When I fix the page well, I will share my skin with you so you can see how it turns out, although I still have a lot to rectify in all the skins, the advice you gave me, but I take it into account. :thumbup:
You tell me what can be done, I tried to make a planet of mine spin in a circle to adapt it but I couldn't even if I was guided by what was made on this skin.
The password thing, yes, it was an achievement of mine, I learned something ha ha ha ha, and it doesn't matter that it's just decoration, I like it.
Does Rainmeter have a way of knowing the emphasis color of the Windows desktop???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 5:36 pm Let me ask a question, I have a skin that is the solar system and the planets revolve around the sun, now, they are static images, try to put the ones that I have animated so that it looks more beautiful and I can't do it, can it be done? ? That is, it is putting those planets that I have to rotate in circles on the screen, can I do the 2 animations at the same time? Then I'll show you the code for the solar system, you already have the code for my planets. Thanks again :great: :great: :thumbup: :bow:
Yes, it can be done, as balala said as well. However, since he helped you with the TransformationMatrix stuff and he's more familiar with the code he wrote, it would probably be better to ask him that - which you already did, of course. Don't worry, I will still be around and come up with short notes occasionally, when I believe some things could be done more efficiently, as you could see already.

One other thing that we didn't touch until now: you use a lot of code from different sources, yet the author in your skins is still AlexSoft (an alter ego of you, I suppose) alone. Now personally, for the help I provide on the forum, I never ask for anything in particular, but when using significant parts of other skins or their code, it would be fair and advisable to give proper credit to the original authors somewhere in the skin that was inspired from an original work (it doesn't have to be in the Author option, by the way, the location is up to you).

We all (including yourself) do these things for free, so crediting someone else's work is the least we can do as a sign of appreciation for the inherent benefits we have from using them as a base for our own work. Obviously, you won't credit every line of code or anything like that as that would be absurd, but only in cases where a good part of your code is similar or identical to someone else's skin(s), if that's ever the case. That's also the point of the Creative licenses many of us use when publishing / releasing our skins, by the way.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 6:19 pm Ahile was asking my friend Yincognito that I found someone's skin published from a solar system where the planets rotate around the sun in circles of course, but they are still images, I can't make the animated ones of my planets rotate the same??? I would like to modify that skin and animate all the planets that I have. It would look great.
Just for fun and if you're curious, I also have a solar system (unreleased / unpublished) simulator skin on the forum, but, unlike skins like these, which are probably closer to what you envision, mine is too realistic (just like my Earth skin you commented on) in terms of sizes and distances in space to be usable as an artistic representation (which is what most people want anyway). So, it's better to make it simpler and more schematic, since any degree of realism adds to the complexity of the skin. Space is a huge place with complex and interdependent laws that cannot have a satisfactory representation in a little skin on your screen, therefore a significantly adjusted layout is recommended in these cases.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 30th, 2023, 9:04 am Yes, it can be done, as balala said as well. However, since he helped you with the TransformationMatrix stuff and he's more familiar with the code he wrote, it would probably be better to ask him that - which you already did, of course. Don't worry, I will still be around and come up with short notes occasionally, when I believe some things could be done more efficiently, as you could see already.

One other thing that we didn't touch until now: you use a lot of code from different sources, yet the author in your skins is still AlexSoft (an alter ego of you, I suppose) alone. Now personally, for the help I provide on the forum, I never ask for anything in particular, but when using significant parts of other skins or their code, it would be fair and advisable to give proper credit to the original authors somewhere in the skin that was inspired from an original work (it doesn't have to be in the Author option, by the way, the location is up to you).

We all (including yourself) do these things for free, so crediting someone else's work is the least we can do as a sign of appreciation for the inherent benefits we have from using them as a base for our own work. Obviously, you won't credit every line of code or anything like that as that would be absurd, but only in cases where a good part of your code is similar or identical to someone else's skin(s), if that's ever the case. That's also the point of the Creative licenses many of us use when publishing / releasing our skins, by the way.
Yes, I wrote to both of them so that they knew what I was working on, and not to exclude them, and they could give their opinion or opinion on how to do it better.
On the other hand, there are images of skins that I used a long time ago and I have no idea who their creator is, and current things, like this solar system, which is the most recent one that I am editing, retains its original author. And credit to whoever has helped me and provided parts of the code, well of course they will have it, but I have not finished with page 1 of my configuration mask in which my idea is to put in the form of credits if the text can be animated Thank you to everyone who helped me, because the strongest thing was you, now balala but also those who left even a criterion, this forum is public, and every note I write ends with a thank you, the author in the lines of code does not represent anything of what you imagine, much less ego, it's just that since I have codes here in documents and so on, all those that I have incorporated into my group have AlexSoft, and well that was the mark I put on it. It's not my intention to take all the credit for the work or anything like that.
When I am completing page 1, which is where that button is going to be, I will ask for a guide to animate the text, but what is going to be there, I already have the button created and everything, but since I don't know how to put the elements so that It looks good, I haven't incorporated anything yet, I just added some planets last night.
You have to be very stupid not to recognize the help you provide here, and even if I write a code by myself, in a few months it will still be with what I learned from you, that gratitude is eternal.
A while ago I made folders to save the skins by author, so I have yours and the e balala ones, which are the ones I downloaded recently, and so I know where what I'm doing came from. :rosegift: :rosegift:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 30th, 2023, 9:35 am Just for fun and if you're curious, I also have a solar system (unreleased / unpublished) simulator skin on the forum, but, unlike skins like these, which are probably closer to what you envision, mine is too realistic (just like my Earth skin you commented on) in terms of sizes and distances in space to be usable as an artistic representation (which is what most people want anyway). So, it's better to make it simpler and more schematic, since any degree of realism adds to the complexity of the skin. Space is a huge place with complex and interdependent laws that cannot have a satisfactory representation in a little skin on your screen, therefore a significantly adjusted layout is recommended in these cases.
I understand, I already downloaded it now I'm going to try it although the resolution of my PC is lower than what Balala mentioned, I use 1366x768, it's my work monitor, but well I'll see how it is shown, from the images I saw it is spectacular, which I in this In case I don't want anything that big, it's just an animated representation, if you download it you will see that it is simple, I just want the planets to animate, and maintain a spin in orbit.
Thanks for the suggestion, I reviewed and commented on my opinion in the original publication. :great: :great: :great: :thumbup:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 30th, 2023, 9:04 am Yes, it can be done, as balala said as well. However, since he helped you with the TransformationMatrix stuff and he's more familiar with the code he wrote, it would probably be better to ask him that - which you already did, of course. Don't worry, I will still be around and come up with short notes occasionally, when I believe some things could be done more efficiently, as you could see already.

I already tried the skin that you recommended, spectacular, although I didn't manage to reach the planets, it will be my decision as I mentioned, but I loved that job. Congratulations on hard work and well done. :rosegift: :rosegift: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hello hello, I need to clarify this doubt because it has already happened to me on several occasions, I want to vary the size of the icons of the drop-down menu that you helped me set up from the configuration skin and I achieved everything perfectly but, I wanted to replace [!RefreshApp ] this option (I put it like this because sometimes it is translated wrong, and I don't want to confuse you) by [!Refresh "@AL\Ejecutar\Ajustes" "Ajustes.ini"] as it is in the code fragment that I show you and not I get it to work for me, however, when I use it from an option like LeftMouseupAction it works according to what I need. Is it that it can't be used in conditionals and commands or am I missing something to make it work? :confused: :confused: :confused:
I already read about this function but I couldn't clarify my doubt, and I don't want the entire application to be updated, but only the specific skin of the drop-down menus.
As an additional question:
1. Can Rainmeter capture the accent color of the Windows desktop?
2. Try using #WORKAREAX# position variables
#WORKAREAY# as the manual tells me to place an icon on the desktop in a specific place (in this case on the taskbar around the time approximately) and I couldn't do it either.
It is for the icon that executes the configuration skin, I want it to appear in that position by default.

Code: Select all

[MeterLinesSize]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText.dll
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=9
X=167
Y=71
W=19
H=14
FocusDismiss=1
AntiAlias=1
Command1=[!SetVariable LineSize "$UserInput$"][!WriteKeyValue Variables LineSize "[MeterLinesSize]" "#@#Config\Variables.inc"][!UpdateMeter MeterCodeLinesSize][!Refresh "@AL\Ejecutar\Ajustes" "Ajustes.ini"]
DefaultValue="##"
Inputlimit=2