It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 8:56 pm

Help to assemble a formula

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help to assemble a formula

Post by eclectic-tech »

I already read about this function but I couldn't clarify my doubt, and I don't want the entire application to be updated, but only the specific skin of the drop-down menus.
You did not use the proper syntax for the !Refresh bang.
It will refresh the current configname (not the skin filename) if you use only the bang,
or you can specify the configname to refresh (not the skin filename)
As an additional question:
1. Can Rainmeter capture the accent color of the Windows desktop?
Yes, use SysColor plugin
2. Try using #WORKAREAX# position variables
#WORKAREAY# as the manual tells me to place an icon on the desktop in a specific place (in this case on the taskbar around the time approximately) and I couldn't do it either.
It is for the icon that executes the configuration skin, I want it to appear in that position by default.
Those variables provide the screen and desktop dimensions. To position a skin when loaded use Default Settings; see the settings for default X & Y values
IMO
All of this information is on the forum and in the documentation and can be easily located using the Search features provided.

This month-long repetitive training thread is NOT in keeping with the forum "helping" policy.
We are here because we love to learn what Rainmeter can do for desktops and help others who have the same desire.

We are NOT here to help develop someone's singular idea by providing code or training you on how to code.
The answer to all of your questions have been posted previously in these forums or are available in the documentation.

You need to discover the joy in searching and finding answers to your questions. Reading 18 pages of posts related to your skin idea, with repeated answers and multiple posts is no joy!
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 30th, 2023, 11:44 pm You did not use the proper syntax for the !Refresh bang.
It will refresh the current configname (not the skin filename) if you use only the bang,
or you can specify the configname to refresh (not the skin filename)

Yes, use SysColor plugin
Those variables provide the screen and desktop dimensions. To position a skin when loaded use Default Settings; see the settings for default X & Y values
IMO
All of this information is on the forum and in the documentation and can be easily located using the Search features provided.

This month-long repetitive training thread is NOT in keeping with the forum "helping" policy.
We are here because we love to learn what Rainmeter can do for desktops and help others who have the same desire.

We are NOT here to help develop someone's singular idea by providing code or training you on how to code.
The answer to all of your questions have been posted previously in these forums or are available in the documentation.

You need to discover the joy in searching and finding answers to your questions. Reading 18 pages of posts related to your skin idea, with repeated answers and multiple posts is no joy!
Thank you very much for correcting me, I had not realized that they had already told me. And no matter how much I read, I didn't realize it, it was already resolved.

The plugin that you recommended to me, it is alarming what I can achieve with it. I have been thinking for days about how to make the background of my skins change automatically every time the background changes, it is very very useful, thank you thank you thank you

What I didn't understand very well was how to place by default when I start a skin in a position that I want, depending on the monitor, whether it has a resolution of 1366x768 or 1900x960, that skin will always be loaded on the task bar above the clock. .
I had already read the section that was indicated to me but I did a thousand tests and the skin when I load it always appears in the upper left corner of the minitor.
Thanks for all the contribution. :great: :great: :thumbup: :thumbup: :bow:
Maybe you're right and I do it that way, but there are details that escape, and before making a thousand posts, one for doubt, I add it here since they are doubts about what I'm working on. I don't know if that way is incorrect according to the rules of the forum, and asking about new scenarios that arise as you progress is learning, I spent almost the entire night searching the forum to see if anyone had talked about the wallpaper and capture the color, and I didn't get to that publication, since there are quite a few topics, and I learn something from everyone, but if I don't find the exact one, I consider that the healthiest thing for someone who is learning is to ask, look how it immediately took me to the publication of your complement and it has already been more than 2 days searching through thousands of publications that talk about color. If there is something wrong in the way I use the forum, my apologies, but I'm just trying to learn, with my limitations and my achievements. thanks again. :thumbup: :thumbup:
PD: An example of why one requires guidance, or help, however it is more comfortable to say it. Now using the plugins that he shared with me, I try to place a conditional to select whether to use the color indicated by me in a variable or use the automatic one taken from Windows and I couldn't do it in any way I tried.
I already read and studied the variable options, setvariable and setoption section and I couldn't find the error. That's why I ask if I don't leave what I'm doing halfway. My intention is to learn.
helps me in this. since the color taken comes from a measurement created by yourself.
I have a variable in a Variables.inc file called #ColorRecycledBg# and in the skin I am using its plugins.
Try to use an IfCondition to change between one and the other, depending on the variable #ColorSelect# when it is equal to 0 it is to select the color [WIN8] and when it is 1 it would select #ColorRecycledBg# but no way. Can you guide me how to use it?
If I put one or the other everything works perfectly, it's just being able to choose between one and the other :confused:
Thank you and sorry for asking.
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: October 1st, 2023, 3:46 am What I didn't understand very well was how to place by default when I start a skin in a position that I want, depending on the monitor, whether it has a resolution of 1366x768 or 1900x960, that skin will always be loaded on the task bar above the clock. .
I had already read the section that was indicated to me but I did a thousand tests and the skin when I load it always appears in the upper left corner of the minitor.
The answer you're looking for is on the same Default Settings page that eclectic-tech indicated, in the 2nd paragraph from the Notes section, if you check the links and look for related bangs to execute in the OnRefreshAction from the [Rainmeter] section. As for the value you need to set as WindowX and WindowY, see:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/built-in-variables/#MonitorVariables

The rest is up to you and basic arithmetics.
arcanosa84 wrote: October 1st, 2023, 3:46 am I have a variable in a Variables.inc file called #ColorRecycledBg# and in the skin I am using its plugins.
Try to use an IfCondition to change between one and the other, depending on the variable #ColorSelect# when it is equal to 0 it is to select the color [WIN8] and when it is 1 it would select #ColorRecycledBg# but no way.
Must be one of your usual coding logic mistakes, because otherwise the description you mentioned should do what you expect. The IfCondition and the related stuff have been discussed plenty of times already, so figuring those mistakes is, as it should be, up to you.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: October 1st, 2023, 10:26 am The answer you're looking for is on the same Default Settings page that eclectic-tech indicated, in the 2nd paragraph from the Notes section, if you check the links and look for related bangs to execute in the OnRefreshAction from the [Rainmeter] section. As for the value you need to set as WindowX and WindowY, see:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/built-in-variables/#MonitorVariables

Must be one of your usual coding logic mistakes, because otherwise the description you mentioned should do what you expect. The IfCondition and the related stuff have been discussed plenty of times already, so figuring those mistakes is, as it should be, up to you.
Yes, I imagine I'm missing something, but I couldn't figure out what, I've already tried several ways, and it doesn't work, that's why I'm asking for help, and the contexts in which I've already used the if condition are different. That's why something is wrong with me and if you, who are the experts, don't help me decipher that error, I don't know who can, it's not that I don't keep trying, but pointing out an error shouldn't be conditional, when I get home I publish the code of how I did it to see what I am missing. to be able to use automatic color change. thanks for answering. :bow:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: October 1st, 2023, 3:12 pm Yes, I imagine I'm missing something, but I couldn't figure out what, I've already tried several ways, and it doesn't work, that's why I'm asking for help, and the contexts in which I've already used the if condition are different. That's why something is wrong with me and if you, who are the experts, don't help me decipher that error, I don't know who can, it's not that I don't keep trying, but pointing out an error shouldn't be conditional, when I get home I publish the code of how I did it to see what I am missing. to be able to use automatic color change. thanks for answering. :bow:
If one knows the basics, he can deal with any context. The help one gets in life is with knowing those basics and starting to apply them himself, not with dealing in his place with the countless contexts he might encounter till he's 100 years old.

You've already had at least a dozen contexts in this case being explained and dictated for you, so it's time to identify those issues yourself. The main problem is not necessarily with you, but with your approach of entirely skipping out the basics and then expecting others to fill in those blanks in your place.

It'll be interesting to see how will this context be that different from the others - must be some special code you have there...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 8:07 pm Of course, here I uploaded the skin that I downloaded,
Here is a first approach. This time I worked only with Mercury and altered it brutally. The other planets are kept in their topmost position. Note that not even Mercury works well enough, the planet makes a revolution around the Sun in one minute, but I did this only you to can see how it works. Obviously if you like what you see, the code can be done to properly rotate all planets.
So do the followings:
  • Add a Format=%#S option to the [MeasureTime] measure. With this option the value of the measure increases from 0 to 59, then restarts. Don't worry, this will be fixed later.
  • Add the following [Variables] section:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
    Ratio=0.5
    RadiusMerkur=100
    Ratio is the flatness of the track, so the ratio of its visible vertical and horizontal size. Ratio=0.5 means Mercury's track is twice as wide as high. RadiusMerkur is the largest visible (the horizontal) value of the radius of the planet. The RadiusMerkur=100 makes the planet to have a wider track then previously, but I had to do this, because the radius of its track was so low, then it entert into the Sun.
  • Replace the [MeterMerkur] Rotator meter, by the following Image meter:

[MeterMerkur]
    Meter=Image
    ImageName=merkur.png
    X=(((700-[#CURRENTSECTION#:W])/2)+#RadiusMerkur#*Sin(-PI*(([MeasureTime]+30)%60)/30))
    Y=(((700-[#CURRENTSECTION#:H])/2)+50+#RadiusMerkur#*#Ratio#*Cos(-PI*(([MeasureTime]+30)%60)/30))
    W=(700+140*#Ratio#*Cos(PI*(([MeasureTime]+30)%60)/30))
    DynamicVariables=1
    Note that this meter has no TransformytionMatrix option, all have been done through the X, Y, W and H options.
Once again: with this solution only Mercury moves. the other planets even if some of them are looking to make a small movement, they are practically not moving. This will be fixed later. Mercury makes one rotation per minute. Also to be fixed later.
Question is if you got Mercury moving and resizing on its track. Did you get it?
arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 8:07 pm I want to put my planets on it and the size is not what I'm worried about adjusting, but hey, everything I can learn is fine
If you don't want to resize Mercury on its track, just remove the W option from the [MeterMerkur] meter. However recommend to take a look to the solution which resizes it as well.
arcanosa84 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 8:07 pm Does Rainmeter have a way of knowing the emphasis color of the Windows desktop???
Not sure if Yincognito did help you with this, but if he didn't, you have to use the Chameleon plugin. I definitely won't help you with it, because I don't regularly use it, but out there for sure are users who will help you (if Yincognito didn't so far).
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: October 1st, 2023, 6:03 pm If one knows the basics, he can deal with any context. The help one gets in life is with knowing those basics and starting to apply them himself, not with dealing in his place with the countless contexts he might encounter till he's 100 years old.

You've already had at least a dozen contexts in this case being explained and dictated for you, so it's time to identify those issues yourself. The main problem is not necessarily with you, but with your approach of entirely skipping out the basics and then expecting others to fill in those blanks in your place.

It'll be interesting to see how will this context be that different from the others - must be some special code you have there...
In this very specific case I would have to be left with doubt, since I tried several approaches and it did not turn out as I wanted, but nevertheless I already solved the objective by manipulating variables, escaping to use its name and not its value, and it was extremely easy for me.
It is true that the basic concepts help a lot but in reality, almost no one remembers when I climbed the mountain as the beginning, but little by little I am going to achieve it, in one way or another, to see if they help me make the credits, that is, encourage a paragraph to slide from the bottom up so that they look pretty.
On the other hand, I continue to advance in the assembly, I will tell you if I have any other questions to see if it is not regarding the basics.
Thank you for following my steps. :thumbup: :thumbup:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: October 1st, 2023, 8:06 pm Here is a first approach. This time I worked only with Mercury and altered it brutally. The other planets are kept in their topmost position. Note that not even Mercury works well enough, the planet makes a revolution around the Sun in one minute, but I did this only you to can see how it works. Obviously if you like what you see, the code can be done to properly rotate all planets.
So do the followings:
  • Add a Format=%#S option to the [MeasureTime] measure. With this option the value of the measure increases from 0 to 59, then restarts. Don't worry, this will be fixed later.
  • Add the following [Variables] section:

[Variables]
    Ratio=0.5
    RadiusMerkur=100
    Ratio is the flatness of the track, so the ratio of its visible vertical and horizontal size. Ratio=0.5 means Mercury's track is twice as wide as high. RadiusMerkur is the largest visible (the horizontal) value of the radius of the planet. The RadiusMerkur=100 makes the planet to have a wider track then previously, but I had to do this, because the radius of its track was so low, then it entert into the Sun.
  • Replace the [MeterMerkur] Rotator meter, by the following Image meter:

[MeterMerkur]
    Meter=Image
    ImageName=merkur.png
    X=(((700-[#CURRENTSECTION#:W])/2)+#RadiusMerkur#*Sin(-PI*(([MeasureTime]+30)%60)/30))
    Y=(((700-[#CURRENTSECTION#:H])/2)+50+#RadiusMerkur#*#Ratio#*Cos(-PI*(([MeasureTime]+30)%60)/30))
    W=(700+140*#Ratio#*Cos(PI*(([MeasureTime]+30)%60)/30))
    DynamicVariables=1
    Note that this meter has no TransformytionMatrix option, all have been done through the X, Y, W and H options.
Once again: with this solution only Mercury moves. the other planets even if some of them are looking to make a small movement, they are practically not moving. This will be fixed later. Mercury makes one rotation per minute. Also to be fixed later.
Question is if you got Mercury moving and resizing on its track. Did you get it?

If you don't want to resize Mercury on its track, just remove the W option from the [MeterMerkur] meter. However recommend to take a look to the solution which resizes it as well.

Not sure if Yincognito did help you with this, but if he didn't, you have to use the Chameleon plugin. I definitely won't help you with it, because I don't regularly use it, but out there for sure are users who will help you (if Yincognito didn't so far).
Hello hello, I already solved it in another way, they recommended me to use SysColor above, very good, I already have all my skins changing color along with the wallpaper, that gave it a unique look. I had to do it using the variables as you and Yincognito explained to me, because I tried to use an if condition to select one color or another depending on a selection variable and I didn't succeed. But at least that one is already resolved.
Now I am trying to make the credits and thanks go up from the bottom edge of the configuration skin image and disappear, we will do that if you want when we finish with the solar system.
I already carried out the steps you told me, everything is fine, I achieved what you told me.
I'm ready. thanks for comment. :great: :rosegift:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: October 1st, 2023, 10:26 am The answer you're looking for is on the same Default Settings page that eclectic-tech indicated, in the 2nd paragraph from the Notes section, if you check the links and look for related bangs to execute in the OnRefreshAction from the [Rainmeter] section. As for the value you need to set as WindowX and WindowY, see:

Problem solved, I already placed the skin in a fixed position and even if it changes size it stays in the same place. Every time it loads it is placed in that specific place on the screen.
Your guide helped me, what I had trouble with was locating it.
Thank you.
The color thing is not that my code is special and needs special attention, I simply failed to achieve it as I had the first idea using an ifcondition, and that is why I wanted help to know what my mistake was.
Repetition is the mother of teaching and I didn't say it, and it is not how many times the advice is repeated, it is how many times the action is repeated. :great: :great: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I would simply like you to clarify my doubt, out of a thousand steps I take I stumble in 2, it's already less, don't you think?

OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-252)" "(#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#-48)" "0" "0B"]
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 1:19 am nevertheless I already solved the objective by manipulating variables, escaping to use its name and not its value, and it was extremely easy for me.
arcanosa84 wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 1:37 am I had to do it using the variables as you and Yincognito explained to me, because I tried to use an if condition to select one color or another depending on a selection variable and I didn't succeed.
arcanosa84 wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 5:04 am Problem solved, I already placed the skin in a fixed position and even if it changes size it stays in the same place. Every time it loads it is placed in that specific place on the screen.
Your guide helped me, what I had trouble with was locating it.
Thank you.
The color thing is not that my code is special and needs special attention, I simply failed to achieve it as I had the first idea using an ifcondition, and that is why I wanted help to know what my mistake was.
Repetition is the mother of teaching and I didn't say it, and it is not how many times the advice is repeated, it is how many times the action is repeated. :great: :great: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I would simply like you to clarify my doubt, out of a thousand steps I take I stumble in 2, it's already less, don't you think?

OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-252)" "(#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#-48)" "0" "0B"]
That's what I was talking about- well done! :thumbup:

See, it's like having a car (Rainmeter) and a driver license (the info you get here and in the manual). The actual driving is up to you, once you get the head start. Like you said, you have to confront most problems through your own repetitive actions (and understand why they work or don't), otherwise you'll never be able to drive and win the race. Folks that rely too much on assistance will generally be incapable to solve issues by themselves, and neither you or us want that, obviously. It may seem like an uphill battle impossible to win at times, but figuring it out will definitely bring your reward.

Ideally, the advice should be repeated at most twice in the early stages, and lessons should be drawn by the one that's advised accordingly so that he can apply them in various other similar scenarios that shouldn't need advice to solve them. That's why the basics are important to know, because they offer clues as to why an approach occasionally failed (like your IfCondition attempt here). So, you should be aware of why it failed, otherwise a similar issue might come and bite you back in the future. I suppose you don't have that unworking piece of code anymore, do you? Just for completeness sake...

P.S. Yes, stumbling in 2 out if 1000 is less and a progress. The thing is it's not 2 yet, and most of the stumbling shouldn't even happen (and in the cases it does happen) at this stage, if the basics were already under your belt, so to speak. Example: the accent color issue, or even the skin position issue are OK to have (because you didn't deal with them before), but the IfCondition issue or even confusing variables, measures and meters are not (because you dealt with those a lot before).