It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:45 pm

Rainmeter dock vertical circular icons hidden plus sign

General topics related to Rainmeter.
seanmarquez

Rainmeter dock vertical circular icons hidden plus sign

Post by seanmarquez »

Hello there! In the past, I utilized a rainmeter dock that had a vertical orientation and featured circular icons. This dock was cleverly hidden on my desktop and would only reveal itself upon mouse hover, allowing me to open applications. After use, it would automatically hide again. The dock had a plus sign in the centerblossom word game, enabling me to add additional shortcuts. Unfortunately, I neglected to make a note of its name, and I no longer possess the rmskin file. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in locating this particular dock based on the details provided above. Thank you in advance for your help!
Last edited by seanmarquez on January 26th, 2024, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Sean
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter dock vertical circular icons hidden plus sign

Post by balala »

seanmarquez wrote: January 25th, 2024, 4:30 pm I would greatly appreciate your assistance in locating this particular dock based on the details provided above.
Maybe this?
https://www.deviantart.com/devilrev/art/unFold-A-Launcher-618503449
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

seanmarquez wrote: January 25th, 2024, 4:30 pm Hello there! In the past, I utilized a rainmeter dock that had a vertical orientation and featured circular icons. This dock was cleverly hidden on my desktop and would only reveal itself upon mouse hover, allowing me to open applications. After use, it would automatically hide again. The dock had a plus sign in the center, enabling me to add additional shortcuts. Unfortunately, I neglected to make a note of its name, and I no longer possess the rmskin file. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in locating this particular dock based on the details provided above. Thank you in advance for your help!
Despite your detailed description, while I did find circular icon docks, I didn't find any dock with a plus sign in the center, but you can search by image on Google for Rainmeter vertical docks or similar, maybe you get lucky and see what you're looking for (or something just as nice). Or, you can make your own if it's just about launching various apps (by the way, the hide and show stuff can easily be done for any skin if you choose Settings > Transparency > 100% and Settings > On Hover > Fade In from the right click context menu of the skin).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

seanmarquez wrote: January 25th, 2024, 4:30 pm Hello there! In the past, I utilized a rainmeter dock that had a vertical orientation and featured circular icons. This dock was cleverly hidden on my desktop and would only reveal itself upon mouse hover, allowing me to open applications. After use, it would automatically hide again. The dock had a plus sign in the center, enabling me to add additional shortcuts. Unfortunately, I neglected to make a note of its name, and I no longer possess the rmskin file. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in locating this particular dock based on the details provided above. Thank you in advance for your help!
I believe this is the skin you are looking for: Interactive-Dock-for-Rainmeter

It has a "+" in the center when you select 'Add an icon'
adock1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Quickly, Sean, take a note or save that link - looks like eclectic-tech just hit the jackpot and found your skin. :D
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:32 pm Quickly, Sean, take a note or save that link - looks like eclectic-tech just hit the jackpot and found your skin. :D
You might want to look at this author's latest skin: Another Dock

This preview is ridiculously slower than the actual skin :vomit:
According to the description, it has a lot of new features...

EDIT: Or an intermediate version: Dock-2

All by the same author :rosegift:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:36 pm You might want to look at this author's latest skin: Another Dock

This preview is ridiculously slower than the actual skin :vomit:
According to the description, it has a lot of new features...
Yeah, noticed that he had a new version - the animation concept is great, I vaguely remember seeing it before somewhere (or maybe it was the same skin). It's only one thing I personally don't like, and that is staying loaded after being done. I realize it's part of the features and that it can probably be triggered again with a hotkey or such, but still, I prefer knowing what happens, and it's easy to forget that the skin is still there loaded.