It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:25 pm

I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 3:47 am Image

It's finally done! I'm quite satisfied with the outcome. I was even able to apply the same code to make a date. I wouldn't be able to do all of this without all of your help, thank you all!
You're welcome, from my part! Just curious, were you able to directly use the inline shadow for the text in the MagickMeter measure, or did you solve that part differently? :???:

P.S. You probably know this already, but if the text is supposed to be placed right on the other object (skyscraper, I guess?), then it doesn't really follow the shape of its upper edges, so I assume the idea is that it floats in space on the same direction as the object. A minor detail that doesn't affect the excellent outcome, of course, just couldn't help noticing it (sorry, my attention to detail is catching everything these days, haha).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

Yincognito wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 9:20 am You're welcome, from my part! Just curious, were you able to directly use the inline shadow for the text in the MagickMeter measure, or did you solve that part differently? :???:

P.S. You probably know this already, but if the text is supposed to be placed right on the other object (skyscraper, I guess?), then it doesn't really follow the shape of its upper edges, so I assume the idea is that it floats in space on the same direction as the object. A minor detail that doesn't affect the excellent outcome, of course, just couldn't help noticing it (sorry, my attention to detail is catching everything these days, haha).
I used MagickMeter's built-in shadow parameter, not inline shadow
I assume you're talking about the date text that looks kinda misaligned. Now that you mentioned it, it's bugging me too, so I tweaked it a bit
Is this better?
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

Oh and there's seems to be a little problem. Whenever there is a specific number in the clock (number 1 in the minutes part I think), the whole clock shifts a bit like the hitbox changed or something. It's minor but can look off if you're paying attention to it
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 10:00 am I used MagickMeter's built-in shadow parameter, not inline shadow
I assume you're talking about the date text that looks kinda misaligned. Now that you mentioned it, it's bugging me too, so I tweaked it a bit
Is this better?
Oh, I see - good choice regarding the shadow. :thumbup:

No, I'm talking about the shape of the skyscraper making a turn right to the left of where the : occurs in the text - take a look at the shape of the yellow illuminated side of the skyscraper (or its edges there) and you'll see what I mean. But like I said, it's no big deal, it looks awesome anyway. ;-)
stinkzies wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 10:04 am Oh and there's seems to be a little problem. Whenever there is a specific number in the clock (number 1 in the minutes part I think), the whole clock shifts a bit like the hitbox changed or something. It's minor but can look off if you're paying attention to it
Yep, that's "normal". Proportional fonts, unlike monospaced ones, use characters having different widths (e.g. 1 is thinner than 0), hence the parts before or after such characters will "shift" position a bit, depending on alignment. I guess you could alleviate that by either centering the text alignment and / or setting a fixed width for its meter. Not sure how it would impact the MagickMeter measure as I didn't use it extensively, but for 2D texts, that is one way to deal with this. You could use monospaced fonts too (e.g. Consolas, Courier New, etc.), but obviously the proportional ones look better and come in many more variants.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth