It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:37 pm

Spotify Plugin won't let me launch Rainmeter?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
magali

Spotify Plugin won't let me launch Rainmeter?

Post by magali »

:Whistle helloo :3!
i wanted to download a spotify media player skin i found, and when i laid out all the widgets i realized that i couldn't get it to connect to spotify bc i needed to install the spotify plugin.
so i went ahead, downloaded the version Spotify_Plugin2.1.6-beta.3 and installed it. when i installed it, all my widgets disappeared and rainmeter closed.
i reopened the app like normal and it worked for like 10-25 minutes, but then disappeared and shut down again. this time i couldn't open the app again because it would just close.
the icon disappeared from my tray and everytime i opened the app it would appear for a few seconds then disappear again.
i really don't want to use spicetify because i'm not sure if it's bannable (which is lowkey silly? like imagine getting banned from a music app) so is there any way i can fix this without using another plugin or app.
thank you so much! :oops: anything you add can help me :rosegift:
:Whistle love is harder than college entrance exams... :Whistle
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Spotify Plugin won't let me launch Rainmeter?

Post by Yincognito »

magali wrote: March 17th, 2024, 11:55 pm
i wanted to download a spotify media player skin i found, and when i laid out all the widgets i realized that i couldn't get it to connect to spotify bc i needed to install the spotify plugin.
so i went ahead, downloaded the version Spotify_Plugin2.1.6-beta.3 and installed it. when i installed it, all my widgets disappeared and rainmeter closed.
i reopened the app like normal and it worked for like 10-25 minutes, but then disappeared and shut down again. this time i couldn't open the app again because it would just close.
the icon disappeared from my tray and everytime i opened the app it would appear for a few seconds then disappear again.
i really don't want to use spicetify because i'm not sure if it's bannable (which is lowkey silly? like imagine getting banned from a music app) so is there any way i can fix this without using another plugin or app.
I don't use Spotify so I'm oblivious to the related stuff, but you can check the beginning and end of this thread for more possibilities in that regard:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=26619
Or, you can wait for the users Xenium or keifufu to advise on that in detail...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
xenium

Re: Spotify Plugin won't let me launch Rainmeter?

Post by xenium »

magali wrote: March 17th, 2024, 11:55 pm
The Spotify plugin has been deprecated for a long time. This means that your music skin is very old if it uses this plugin.
To remove this plugin, right-click on the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and choose Exit, then go in
C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins and delete the Spotify plugin.
The easiest way to use Spotify Desktop Player with Rainmeter is to install the latest version of the WebNowPlaying plugin and install a recent music skin that supports WebNowPlaying.
The music skin you installed must be modified to work with the WebNowPlaying plugin.

1-Install WebNowPlayingRedux_2.0.7.rmskin and the latest version of the WebNowPlaying plugin will be installed automatically:
https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Rainmeter/releases
2-Install a music skin that supports WebNowPlaying:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=136