It is currently April 30th, 2024, 8:46 am

Spotify in Meenimal skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ravv3

Re: Spotify in Meenimal skin

Post by ravv3 »

I guess I will be getting this update error in Firefox - because I downgraded WebNowPlaying add-on/plugin to 1.2.0?:

Meenimal settings 14.jpg
Probably not worth updating this plugin no?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 2:56 pm Don't wory about this - I just ended task in task manager.

I saw this on this page - https://spicetify.app/docs/getting-started/ :

I understand from this that there's a chance that when Spotify updates to a new version - that spicetify will no longer work until Spicetify is updated too.
It mentions 'update'; & 'upgrade' commands, but these seem to be linux/ubuntu commands. Do these commands also work in Powershell?

Btw, the new Spotify version works just fine in Meenimal as you suggested. Thank you!!
Yes, the update commands are also entered in Powershell:
https://spicetify.app/docs/getting-started/#updating

I'm glad it finally works.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:02 pm I guess I will be getting this update error in Firefox - because I downgraded WebNowPlaying add-on/plugin to 1.2.0?:

Meenimal settings 14.jpg

Probably not worth updating this plugin no?
It is just a warning that the latest version of the plugin is not installed.
The web players will continue to work
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:06 pm Yes, the update commands are also entered in Powershell:
Ok, that's easy then.

Yeah, great it's all working. But I want the 'Spotify' icon chosen in the Meenimal settings, and to get rid of all this 'web player' browser related stuff! :lol:
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:10 pm It is just a warning that the latest version of the plugin is not installed.
The web players will continue to work
Yes I gathered that.

Now I can get back to listening to my Spotify advertisements with some music in-between! :D
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:12 pm But I want the 'Spotify' icon chosen in the Meenimal settings, and to get rid of all this 'web player' browser related stuff! :lol:
Do you want the Spotify icon in the settings to use WebNowPlaying (instead of NowPlaying) and remove the "webplayer" icon from the settings?
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:34 pm Do you want the Spotify icon in the settings to use WebNowPlaying (instead of NowPlaying) and remove the "webplayer" icon from the settings?
I was wondering if there's a way to choose Spotify icon in settings and not Web Player?

I think both used to work when I was running the older version of Spotify (and the newer version of WebNowPlaying add-on in Firefox), ie. before I completed the last Spicetify steps to where I am with it now.

(Although, I was only joking really).

However, if you know of a way to have the Spotify icon in the settings to use WebNowPlaying (instead of NowPlaying), then I would be interested. You don't necessarily have to delete the web player icon though.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:42 pm I was wondering if there's a way to choose Spotify icon in settings and not Web Player?

I think both used to work when I was running the older version of Spotify (and the newer version of WebNowPlaying add-on in Firefox), ie. before I completed the last Spicetify steps to where I am with it now.

(Although, I was only joking really).

However, if you know of a way to have the Spotify icon in the settings to use WebNowPlaying (instead of NowPlaying), then I would be interested. You don't necessarily have to delete the web player icon though.
Load Player Settings, right click on settings and choose Edit skin.
Go to [MusicPlayerSpotify] and to LeftMouseDownAction= replace #Load# with #Load2#

Then save and refresh the Player Settings.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ravv3 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 8:11 pm Thank you Yincognito!

I fixed it by going to https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions and installing an older version from last year. Anyway, My WebNowPlaying was configured correctly - and that was displayed when the Spotify Web Player works, and as explained below..
[...]
This is a bit of a pain but not sure of any other way, unless there's some way to block individual apps from updating.
Glad it works for you now, from what I understand by briefly reading the rest of the posts, even with the newer Spotify version (the one used by xenium as well) eventually! That's why I said earlier that one has to pay attention to the versions of all the related software involved, not just the plugin's. This is probably obsolete by now since you managed to fix almost everything, but two things:
1) the uptodown.com site isn't (or wasn't, at some point) exactly 100% safe, personally I try to avoid it, unless there's no other site I can get something
2) yes, there are at least two ways of blocking some software from updating and keep the versions unchanged:
- untick a "Check For Updates" or similar checkbox or option in its settings, preferably right after installing so that it doesn't update behind your back
- use a firewall software and either block the proper executables from accessing the internet, or block everything except what you specifically allow

Personally, I do both from 2) and everything is stable as I want it to be. I very much prefer clean installs to updating, and despite the hype I strongly believe that the timing and desirability of both should be decided exclusively by the user and not some third party, since it's his machine and all.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:58 pm Load Player Settings, right click on settings and choose Edit skin.
Go to [MusicPlayerSpotify] and to LeftMouseDownAction= replace #Load# with #Load2#

Then save and refresh the Player Settings.
It's worked xenium, thank you!! And I guess because 'Spotify' icon is using WebNowPlaying (instead of NowPlaying) - the album info also displays:

Meenimal settings 15.jpg

I've decided to disable the WebNowPlaying Firefox add-on until such time as I might use it (ie the Spotify web player), but I will probably just stick to this Spotify icon & desktop app method.

I think this has been a good thread for anyone else who might encounter the same sort of situation with this skin. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ravv3 on April 16th, 2024, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.