It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:54 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Matt

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Matt »

A little tip for setting song ratings with foobar2000 via hotkeys*
*Playback Statistics component required

Although song ratings can't be set with bangs in Rainmeter, it's easy enough to assign whatever keys you want in foobar to adjust the rating of the currently playing track.
  1. Click File > Preferences and select Keyboard Shortcuts in the left pane.
  2. Click the "Add new" button and then Filter list by: rating
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the list, beneath [context / now playing] where you'll find the various rating actions that can be assigned. Click the + and then click inside the Key field and press the key combo you wish to use. Be sure to choose something unique from other hotkeys you use in Windows & other programs. Tick the Global hotkey box, hit Apply, then go back to step 2 to set the other hotkeys.
Here are the 3 ratings hotkeys I'm using:
Alt+Win+Num + adjusts the rating up
Alt+Win+Num - adjusts the rating down
Alt+Win+Num 0 removes the rating (aka <not set>)

Now you can change the rating of the currently playing song and see it reflected in your Rainmeter skin, even while foobar plays minimized in the system tray.
DaveTheBat

Post by DaveTheBat »

Seems like something bugged with the latest update of Rainmeter or someting.
Keep saying I need to update Rainmeter even thou I got the latest one.
Vampirism Fire Forums: ...
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

DaveTheBat wrote:Seems like something bugged with the latest update of Rainmeter or someting.
Keep saying I need to update Rainmeter even thou I got the latest one.
IIRC, you were on foobar2k? Try redownloading the latest foo_rainmeter.dll (from the manual page) as well as the latest Rainmeter beta as it works fine here.
Matt wrote:A little tip for setting song ratings with foobar2000 via hotkeys*
Thanks for the tip, will have to link to that from the manual.
Matt

Post by Matt »

poiru wrote:Thanks for the tip, will have to link to that from the manual.
Cool. I hope someone finds it useful. :)

I wanted to help test some more, so I downloaded MusicBee. I'm still digging through its settings. The way it handles external album art is a little weird to me, but it is a nice player.
Matt

Post by Matt »

When MusicBee is opened and playback is started from a previously paused position, only the position and volume measures work until the next track begins or playback is fully stopped (not paused) and then restarted.

SetRating 5 currently seems to be ignored by MusicBee. 1-4 work, though.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:When MusicBee is opened and playback is started from a previously paused position, only the position and volume measures work until the next track begins or playback is fully stopped (not paused) and then restarted.
Can't seem to reproduce (opened MusicBee, started a track and then paused it, started Rainmeter and it displays all info fine). Is there something more to it?
Matt wrote:SetRating 5 currently seems to be ignored by MusicBee. 1-4 work, though.
Seems to be a bug with MusicBee -- sent the developer a message.
Matt

Post by Matt »

poiru wrote: Can't seem to reproduce (opened MusicBee, started a track and then paused it, started Rainmeter and it displays all info fine). Is there something more to it?
What you describe is slightly different, I think. With Rainmeter running and MusicBee playing, pause & close MusicBee. Then re-open MusicBee and hit play. Preferences > Player > on startup: resume position may need to be set to see it. (I don't recall if that is a default setting.)
Scream81

Post by Scream81 »

@poiru: have also looked at including VLC player already? would be quite nice to see that :) . Really great job so far!
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:What you describe is slightly different, I think. With Rainmeter running and MusicBee playing, pause & close MusicBee. Then re-open MusicBee and hit play. Preferences > Player > on startup: resume position may need to be set to see it. (I don't recall if that is a default setting.)
Will be taken care of for next beta :)
Scream81 wrote:@poiru: have also looked at including VLC player already? would be quite nice to see that :) . Really great job so far!
I have looked at it, yes. VLC has a 'MSN Now Playing' interface, which I plan to implement into NowPlaying.dll at some point. However, the MSN interface only provides minimal information (title, artist, album -- that's about it).

Might look into making a proper plugin for VLC, when I get some time -- we'll see..
DaveTheBat

Post by DaveTheBat »

That fixed it.
Downloaded the foo_rainmeter.dll and added it manually and it worked. Thanks :)
Vampirism Fire Forums: ...