It is currently April 28th, 2024, 9:55 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Scream81

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Scream81 »

Hmm I hope someone can confirm it, but for me, the Title displays the Artist, Album displays the Title, and Artist the Album ??
Last edited by Scream81 on June 24th, 2011, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

They are as follows:
  • ARTIST - Artist name.
  • ALBUM - Album name.
  • TITLE - Track title.
Full details here.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Scream81 wrote:Hmm I hope someone can confirm it, but for me, the Title displays the Artist, Album displays the Title, and Artist the Title ??
Heh, you're absolutely right. Fixed and updated link in previous post.
Scream81

Post by Scream81 »

poiru wrote: Heh, you're absolutely right. Fixed and updated link in previous post.
Thanks, all is fine now :great:
feltuber

Re: Testing VLC support

Post by feltuber »

poiru wrote:Make sure you're using the latest Rainmeter 2.1 beta (r834). Set PlayerName=CAD in the skin (and refresh it) and follow the instructions below:

Then, download the plugin and copy the .dll into the VLC plugins folder (usually Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins).

Then, open VLC -> Tools -> Preferences. Select 'All' under 'Show settings'. Expand 'Interface', then click on 'Control interfaces' and activate the 'CAD Now-Playing' interface. Restart VLC.

Pretty much everything should work. Let me know how it goes.
Thanks a lot, poiru!

I don't wan't to bugg you but the PlayPause button doesn't work... It plays, but it doesn't pause. If I wan't to pause the music I have to do it by opening the player... :???:

What should I do to fix this? :confused:

Thanks in advance!
poiru
Developer

Re: Testing VLC support

Post by poiru »

feltuber wrote:I don't wan't to bugg you but the PlayPause button doesn't work... It plays, but it doesn't pause. If I wan't to pause the music I have to do it by opening the player... :???:
Weird.. It works fine here. Gotta run now, but I'll take a look tomorrow. In the mean time, could you make sure you have the latest libcad_plugin.dll (download it again from the link a few posts back)?
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm getting the Play/Pause issue, but only in conjunction with odd instances where a track begins but POSITION in the skin stays at 00:00 and the progress bar in the skin remains empty. Pausing in VLC immediately corrects POSITION and PROGRESS, and Play/Pause through the skin starts working again.

SetVolume works but has that issue where it's off by a bit. With the bangs set at +10 and -10, it appears to be changing at +9 and -11. The skin is also consistently reporting 1% below the volume of VLC. Well, actually, I see now that if I bump the volume all the way to 100% through the skin, everything works correctly until I get back down to 30%, then things get out of whack.

ClosePlayer doesn't work. OpenPlayer does work with PlayerPath set.

Lyrics are still working like a champ.

I'm not sure if or how VLC handles ratings. The skin reacts to SetRating bangs normally (e.g., clicking the 5th star will fill them all in), but the rating doesn't stick after a refresh.
CrashX

Post by CrashX »

Hey, I had some issue in my WMP.
Any changes that I made in the playlist that I listening is not saved. I assume that the plugin, because sometimes in the past the Rainmeter stop working, just when I open the WMP.
Sometimes the WMP just don't closed. There's no windows, but the process wmplayer.exe was still running..

Thanks by the way. =)
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

CrashX wrote:Hey, I had some issue in my WMP.
Any changes that I made in the playlist that I listening is not saved. I assume that the plugin, because sometimes in the past the Rainmeter stop working, just when I open the WMP.
Sometimes the WMP just don't closed. There's no windows, but the process wmplayer.exe was still running..
Yeah, there is something odd going on with the WMP interface. I'll take a look later on :)
Matt wrote:I'm getting the Play/Pause issue, but only in conjunction with odd instances where a track begins but POSITION in the skin stays at 00:00 and the progress bar in the skin remains empty. Pausing in VLC immediately corrects POSITION and PROGRESS, and Play/Pause through the skin starts working again.
Haven't been able to reproduce so far, but I'll keep it in mind.
Matt wrote:.. other things ..
Will fix them, thanks for reporting. OpenPlayer should work without PlayerPath= set, but only if VLC has been started after Rainmeter at least once.
Matt wrote:I'm not sure if or how VLC handles ratings. The skin reacts to SetRating bangs normally (e.g., clicking the 5th star will fill them all in), but the rating doesn't stick after a refresh.
This is a troublesome little issue. Currently, MusicBee does not notify about rating changes to NowPlaying (or CAD), as a result of which I internally change the RATING value on click. I can either:
- stop handing the rating change internally. With MusicBee, this would mean that ratings changed through NowPlaying won't be updated until refresh. With VLC, this would result in no action (AFAIK, VLC doesn't support ratings)
- continue with current behavior, which is fine with MusicBee (but not with VLC)

I'll probably stick to the latter for now and switch to the former option when the issue is resolved in MusicBee.
eddie the head

Post by eddie the head »

is there any support for showing tracknumbers?
i.e 05 - prowler.