It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:29 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
cmcinroy

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by cmcinroy »

poiru wrote: I have already implemented year and track number support for a few players, but I chose to wait until I have most of the players done. Been busy with tests at school, but I'll get them over with this week. Highly likely that they'll be in this Sunday :)
Thanks, poiru. Didn't intend to rush you.
Valentine

Post by Valentine »

poiru wrote:I checked the file and it seems that the file track metadata is not encoded correctly. Winamp, iTunes, and Windows Media Player display "Çì¾îÁö´Â ÁßÀÔ´Ï´Ù" as the track title.I manually changed the track title of the track to "한국어/조선말" with Mp3Tag and that displays fine. This suggests that the problem is with the file metadata -- not NowPlaying.
Thank you. I solved another method.

Winamp : Install Classic pro(http://cpro.skinconsortium.com/).
iTunes : Upgrade v10.6

I guess, winamp just have temporary error.
poiru
Developer

YEAR and NUMBER

Post by poiru »

cmcinroy wrote:Thanks, poiru. Didn't intend to rush you.
Didn't make it into the beta (sorry!), but here it is: http://poiru.net/np.zip (copy the correct .dll into Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins)

PlayerType=NUMBER and PlayerType=YEAR should work for the following players: iTunes, WMP, AIMP, J. River Media Player/Center, Winamp (and Winamp-based players), MediaMonkey. Support for VLC and foobar2000 will be added in a few days. MusicBee might work already, but I haven't tested (do let me know if you have MusicBee installed and can test the new types).
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

I'm having a heck of a time getting a default.png to load instead of the random album art that comes when no art is found.

Any suggestions?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

JoBu wrote:I'm having a heck of a time getting a default.png to load instead of the random album art that comes when no art is found.
With which player? And could you post the skin (specifically the COVER measure part)?
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

Sorry about that, I should have thought to include more info... using WMP, Win7, RM2.2.1116

Here's the measure:

Code: Select all

[mCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=COVER
Substitute="":"#Default#"
Default variable is simply: Default=#SKINSPATH#Revelation2\Images\Default.png

The meter:

[Cover]
Group=Player
Meter=IMAGE
MeasureName=mCover
X=(#SCREENAREAWIDTH# -205)
Y=20R
W=180
H=170
SolidColor=FFFFFF10
Hidden=1
No rush, I'm still exploring and testing, trying different things. Appreciate any advice :)

Cheers.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

JoBu wrote:Sorry about that, I should have thought to include more info... using WMP, Win7, RM2.2.1116
Cheers.
Your issue is (probably) fixed for the next beta.
cmcinroy

Post by cmcinroy »

poiru wrote: Didn't make it into the beta (sorry!), but here it is: http://poiru.net/np.zip (copy the correct .dll into Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins)

PlayerType=NUMBER and PlayerType=YEAR should work for the following players: iTunes, WMP, AIMP, J. River Media Player/Center, Winamp (and Winamp-based players), MediaMonkey. Support for VLC and foobar2000 will be added in a few days. MusicBee might work already, but I haven't tested (do let me know if you have MusicBee installed and can test the new types).
Thanks, poiru!

I use foobar2000, but I'll grab the (pre-beta) .dll and regression test at least. :)
Grantp

Post by Grantp »

Hi, Thanks for adding Track Number & Year great additions i've been hoping you'd add.

Just one thing that I can't seem to work round, When playing I want to display YEAR - ALBUM NAME and TRACK NUMBER - TRACK NAME. This works fine until I stop the track it then displays

'0 -' in both cases. If I SUBSTITUTE 0 for null works fine for TRACK NUMBER but that is no use for YEAR as 2008 displays as 28.

I also have the problem of not displaying the '-' when not playing in both Track Number and Year.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Grant
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Grantp wrote:'0 -' in both cases. If I SUBSTITUTE 0 for null works fine for TRACK NUMBER but that is no use for YEAR as 2008 displays as 28.
I also have the problem of not displaying the '-' when not playing in both Track Number and Year.
Get rid of " - " in the STRING meter(s) and add the following to the TRACK/NUMBER measures:

Substitute="^(.*)$":"\1 - ","^0 - $":""
RegExpSubstitute=1