It is currently May 19th, 2024, 7:30 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Chewtoy

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9.7]

Post by Chewtoy »

DaveTheBat wrote:Update!

I can press the volume button ones, and the toggle ones... sometimes!
But it wont show anything still.

foobar2000
What version of foobar are you on? I'm on 1.1.6 and got no problems at all.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Seahorse wrote: I'm using this skin, and have popped Playback Statistics 3.0.1 in components, over-writing the slightly older one the skin came with.

Neither the default NowPlaying skin or mine shows ratings, just 5 empty stars. Not a show-stopper, though it does encourage more experimentation with other players I guess... :oops:
Ratings that you've previously set via Playback Statistics aren't being shown in the skin?

Are new ratings working? Although the documentation for PS says it is completely backwards compatible with older versions of the plugin, maybe something went wrong with importing the old database.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

magnus33 wrote:Works great although it did require a refresh once think this is related to not finding album art.
Fixed, thanks for reporting.
DaveTheBat wrote:I can press the volume button ones, and the toggle ones... sometimes!
But it wont show anything still.
So you're saying that you're able to control the player (or at least volume)?
DaveTheBat

Post by DaveTheBat »

poiru wrote: So you're saying that you're able to control the player (or at least volume)?
Yes. I can click on the volume up/down arrows once each. And the toggle one time to close it, not to open it.
Chewtoy wrote: What version of foobar are you on? I'm on 1.1.6 and got no problems at all.
Tried it, tried the latest beta and some old one I had before.
Vampirism Fire Forums: ...
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

I'm sure I have read that Foobar volume buttons must be at at +/1 25 for some reason or other. I tested by changing to to -10 +10 and that seemed to break it nicely :twisted:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Seahorse wrote:I'm sure I have read that Foobar volume buttons must be at at +/1 25 for some reason or other. I tested by changing to to -10 +10 and that seemed to break it nicely :twisted:
Tested with "SetVolume +10" and "SetVolume -10" and works perfectly here. What do you mean by "break it"?
DaveTheBat wrote:Yes. I can click on the volume up/down arrows once each. And the toggle one time to close it, not to open it.
Do the Next/Prev/Play/Pause buttons work?
poiru
Developer

NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9.8]

Post by poiru »

Get version 0.9.8 is from: http://poiru.net/np098.zip (extract and open ExampleSkin.rmskin to install)

Notes:
- Rainmeter 2.1 beta required
- foobar2000 users must also install/update the foo_rainmeter.dll plugin (into foobar2000\components or foobar2000\user-components)
- Before using the skin, open Skins\NowPlaying\Skin.ini and set the value of PlayerName= on under [mPlayer]

Manual: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying_beta

Changelog:
- AIMP/foobar2000/WinAmp/WMP: Added support for album art embedded in APE, WV (WavPack), and MPC files
- WinAmp: Added support for reading tags from WV and MPC files
- Renamed PlayerType=TRACK to PlayerType=TITLE
- The bangs OpenPlayer, ClosePlayer, and TogglePlayer now support all players

If all goes well, the plugin will be included in the beta this weekend.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

poiru wrote: Tested with "SetVolume +10" and "SetVolume -10" and works perfectly here. What do you mean by "break it"?
Click the down button and it basically mutes is rather than steps down. I'll slap 0.9.8 up and see if I am cocking up... O.O
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

DaveTheBat

Post by DaveTheBat »

poiru wrote: Do the Next/Prev/Play/Pause buttons work?
Nope. Will try the new update soon.
Vampirism Fire Forums: ...
Waldensamkeit

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9.8]

Post by Waldensamkeit »

As far as Winamp is concerned, the plugin has worked fully since .9.6. The newest release with toggle and volume (Haven't really updated since 9.6) works perfectly. I can open, close and toggle to my hearts content. Volume works @ 25% increments or pretty much whatever % I tell it.
Artwork picks up fine, not sure what I have the AlbumArt labeled as but I know I'm definitely not organized enough to have them all as "folder.jpg" or embedded and some of them are labeled as say "AliceInchainsDIrt.jpg" and it picks them all up.
Ratings work fine and one of my favorites is that I can stop and close the player and then re-open it, all from the skin, and it will pick up on the track it left off on.
So again, as far as Winamp is concerned, this skin is Winamp. And with some added functionality for open file/folder, shuffle, repeat and a few other sendmessage commands, I can pretty much rebuild winamp in rainmeter.
:D
RAD!!