It is currently May 19th, 2024, 9:24 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
smurfier

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9.8]

Post by smurfier »

I don't know if this is possible but I have a feature request. I would like to be able to execute a set of bangs when the track changes. Sort of like WebParser and FinishAction.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

smurfier wrote:I don't know if this is possible but I have a feature request. I would like to be able to execute a set of bangs when the track changes. Sort of like WebParser and FinishAction.
That's actually on my to-do list. Will hopefully make it in time for Sunday's beta.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

poiru wrote: That's actually on my to-do list. Will hopefully make it in time for Sunday's beta.
Yay! All the possibilities...
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
DaveTheBat

Post by DaveTheBat »

By the seven seas and Blackbeards beard!
It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!

It's working! I can change volume, start it, stop it! And it shows which music is played! Thou not the art for it.
Vampirism Fire Forums: ...
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

smurfier wrote: Yay! All the possibilities...
Just implemented it :) I packaged an example skin (NowPlaying\FadeExample\Skin.ini) in 0.9.9 to demonstrate the feature. Before using:
- Open Skin.ini and change PlayerName= to iTunes/foobar2000/Winamp
- Activate NowPlaying\FadeExample\Skin.ini. Then, from the tray menu, select NowPlaying\FadeExample -> Settings -> Position -> Stay topmost. You might also want to enable 'Hide on Mouse Over'.

Now simply start playing something. Each time the track is changed, the skin will fade into view, stay there for about 5 seconds and fade out again.

The result should resemble something like (note that the video below is not of Rainmeter):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGBAZXfbwB8[/youtube]
DaveTheBat wrote:By the seven seas and Blackbeards beard!
It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!

It's working! I can change volume, start it, stop it! And it shows which music is played! Thou not the art for it.
Great news! Are you certain that you have the latest foo_rainmeter.dll installed?
DaveTheBat

Post by DaveTheBat »

poiru wrote: Great news! Are you certain that you have the latest foo_rainmeter.dll installed?
Quite certain yes.
I downloaded the latest release and used the exampleskin or what it's called to install it and copied over the foo_rainmeter.dll.
Vampirism Fire Forums: ...
poiru
Developer

NowPlaying plugin [version 1.0.0 RC]

Post by poiru »

Get version 1.0.0 RC from: http://poiru.net/np100rc.zip (extract and open ExampleSkin.rmskin to install)

Notes:
- Rainmeter 2.1 beta required
- foobar2000 users must also install/update the foo_rainmeter.dll plugin (into foobar2000\components or foobar2000\user-components -- not necessary for 0.9.8 users)
- Before using the skin, open Skins\NowPlaying\Skin.ini (and Skins\NowPlaying\FadeExample\Skin.ini) and and set the value of PlayerName= on under [mPlayer]

Manual: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying_beta

Changelog:
- Added TrackChangeAction= (check this post for example)

This is the last release before before 1.0.0 (which will be included in the beta tomorrow).
Waldensamkeit wrote: :D
RAD!!
:bow:
Seahorse

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 1.0.0 RC]

Post by Seahorse »

poiru wrote:Changelog:
- Added TrackChangeAction= (check this post for example)
This is pointing to the OP and has no example of TrackChangeAction= unless I'm missing something... :o
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 1.0.0 RC]

Post by poiru »

Seahorse wrote:This is pointing to the OP and has no example of TrackChangeAction= unless I'm missing something... :o
Fixed the link.
Matt

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 1.0.0]

Post by Matt »

Progress wasn't working with 0.9.8 (it never changed from 0%), but it's working again with the RC.

I love the pseudo-pop up behavior of the fading example skin. Really slick. One small thing I'm noticing is that it will reappear at 1 minute into a track. I'm not sure what's triggering it. I've listened through a few 10+ minute tracks and so far it only happens at that precise time.