It is currently May 8th, 2024, 5:52 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 1.0.0]

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:Progress wasn't working with 0.9.8 (it never changed from 0%), but it's working again with the RC.

I love the pseudo-pop up behavior of the fading example skin. Really slick. One small thing I'm noticing is that it will reappear at 1 minute into a track. I'm not sure what's triggering it. I've listened through a few 10+ minute tracks and so far it only happens at that precise time.
Can't reproduce with the build I'm using here. Sent a PM with a link to a private beta of the Rainmeter installer (it'll install the latest NowPlaying.dll), could you give a shot it a shot?
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Matt wrote:Progress wasn't working with 0.9.8 (it never changed from 0%), but it's working again with the RC.

I love the pseudo-pop up behavior of the fading example skin. Really slick. One small thing I'm noticing is that it will reappear at 1 minute into a track. I'm not sure what's triggering it. I've listened through a few 10+ minute tracks and so far it only happens at that precise time.
Same here tested with Winamp & Foobar. Will slap 1.0 on and see if it goes - yep, functionality restored... :rolmfao:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Matt

Post by Matt »

poiru wrote: Can't reproduce with the build I'm using here. Sent a PM with a link to a private beta of the Rainmeter installer (it'll install the latest NowPlaying.dll), could you give a shot it a shot?
I'm still seeing the same behavior with the beta. However, I don't think it's strictly tied to the 1-minute position as I previously suggested. Rather, it seems to occur after roughly 55 seconds of continuous play.

I'm now seeing that it's most likely tied to Playback Statistics. With a "Plays" column visible in foobar2000, I can see that whenever PS changes the number of plays for a track, the fade skin is immediately brought forward.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:I'm still seeing the same behavior with the beta. However, I don't think it's strictly tied to the 1-minute position as I previously suggested. Rather, it seems to occur after roughly 55 seconds of continuous play.

I'm now seeing that it's most likely tied to Playback Statistics. With a "Plays" column visible in foobar2000, I can see that whenever PS changes the number of plays for a track, the fade skin is immediately brought forward.
Ah, right. I'll take care of this for the beta today.
Matt

Post by Matt »

poiru wrote:Ah, right. I'll take care of this for the beta today.
You're the man. :) FYI: I also noticed that any changes to the current track's rating also trigger the fade skin to appear, which again points to Playback Statistics as the culprit.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:You're the man. :) FYI: I also noticed that any changes to the current track's rating also trigger the fade skin to appear, which again points to Playback Statistics as the culprit.
Let me know if this fixes it: http://poiru.net/nptest4.zip
~Faradey~ wrote:Or maybe, just tell me how to know a path to media file using your plugin, and other stuff i'll do by myself
The build linked above also adds PlayerType=FILE.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Just to re-visit the missing progress bar - further checks show this to be the file causing the problem, not the player as using a known working song is OK. I've looked at the song album causing the progress to report 0% regardless and give N/A for track & artist. The ONLY readings that work is mPosition. Winamp shows all details, running auto-tag adds more details to the mp3 but no change in the result.
Capture.JPG
This happens in 0.9.9, 1.0.0. Presume there is something corrupt in the song, however, I thought that the plugin is taking info from Winamp, rather than the file? Switch album and you immediately get:
Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Seahorse wrote:Just to re-visit the missing progress bar - further checks show this to be the file causing the problem, not the player as using a known working song is OK. I've looked at the song album causing the progress to report 0% regardless and give N/A for track & artist. The ONLY readings that work is mPosition. Winamp shows all details, running auto-tag adds more details to the mp3 but no change in the result.
Could you send me the file(s)? Upload it to mediafire.com or some place similar and send me a private message with the link.

EDIT:
Could you give this version a try: http://poiru.net/nptest5.zip (album name will be empty for the tracks that didn't work before [Winamp limitation], but other fields should work).
Matt

Post by Matt »

poiru wrote: Let me know if this fixes it: http://poiru.net/nptest4.zip
That fixed it right up!

I ran into another little issue while testing this one, where I was able to make the fade skin get "stuck" topmost. It first occurred after playing through a bunch of 6 and 7 second tracks, and again after I skipped around to several different tracks in quick succession. Both times, refreshing the fade skin got it unstuck.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Confirming that art & the other info is now present, less album title. PM'd file location to you.
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt