It is currently May 12th, 2024, 2:04 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Seahorse

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Seahorse »

I can't see the options for Lyrics in the documents page, am I missing something?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Seahorse wrote:I can't see the options for Lyrics in the documents page, am I missing something?
I have left it undocumented as it isn't complete feature-wise yet. The basic functionality should work fine in latest beta, but use at own risk.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

It's working fine, other than as shown below, hunting back 10 pages to find the template required :effort:

I don't want set size and I know no way of making scrolling text boxes. Further fiddling suggests the lyrics for that one track has the tiny box issue, not been able to reproduce it elsewhere with H & W commented out. This does seem to clip the odd letter at the end of lines. W=(W+20) seems to cure this as does refreshing the skin, but it doesn't seem to size correctly all the time. Is this NowPlaying at fault or the SCRIPT meter?
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

poiru
Developer

Testing VLC support

Post by poiru »

Updated the VLC plugin: http://poiru.net/vlc-libcad3.zip

Note that you need to update both the VLC libcad_plugin.dll and the Rainmeter NowPlaying.dll plugin. For installation instructions, refer to the previous post.

Fixed:
- PlayPause doesn't always work
- Ratings are displayed when using SetRating even if not actually set in VLC
- Slight inaccuracy with SetVolume
- Didn't work with CD Art Display

OpenPlayer will not bring VLC if VLC is already open. This is a VLC limitation, which will likely be resolved in VLC 1.2.0. Other than this, everything seems to work fine here.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Sorry to bother you with what is a very minor niggle, but I've just installed NowPlaying ver 1.1.2.0 on a 64-bit machine and found that [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer OpenPlayer"] no longer enlarges or brings the WMP window to the front if it was already running in the background. Going back to NowPlaying ver 1.0 rectifies the situation (I don't have any versions between 1.0 and 1.1.2.0).

Another niggle is that PlayerType=STATE does not always get set to "1" if you launch WMP from the taskbar and play a track (happens with both versions of the plugin). This is an intermittent problem that may be something to do with WMP (version 12.0.7601.17514). It can be overcome with [!RainmeterRefresh] but it would be neater if PlayerType=STATE was consistently set to "1" when a track was playing.

These are very minor niggles on what is otherwise an extremely useful plugin - thanks again.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Mordasius wrote:Sorry to bother you with what is a very minor niggle, but I've just installed NowPlaying ver 1.1.2.0 on a 64-bit machine and found that [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer OpenPlayer"] no longer enlarges or brings the WMP window to the front if it was already running in the background. Going back to NowPlaying ver 1.0 rectifies the situation (I don't have any versions between 1.0 and 1.1.2.0).
This has been fixed for the next beta (will be released later today).
Mordasius wrote:Another niggle is that PlayerType=STATE does not always get set to "1" if you launch WMP from the taskbar and play a track (happens with both versions of the plugin). This is an intermittent problem that may be something to do with WMP (version 12.0.7601.17514). It can be overcome with [!RainmeterRefresh] but it would be neater if PlayerType=STATE was consistently set to "1" when a track was playing.
I'll take a look.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

poiru wrote: I'll take a look.
Thanks. I've tried to find specific conditions when PlayerType=STATE doesn't work but it seems to be somewhat random which is why I suspect it may be a WMP thing. My version of WMP (version 12.0.7601.17514) does a lot of odd things and sometimes won't even launch properly from the taskbar.
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

Hello poiru, great update!!! Thank you!

Here is my report:
VLC (1.1.9)
- Rating is not working. Shows always 0 and set rating not change this situations.
- Only once i had a problem with progress, stick to 0, but then, with next track and this problem gone itself :)
- Cover Art works like it should, but i'm interesting why, when PlayerType=FILE, it returns some strange path, like file:///D:/Music/Alan%20%28Alan%20Dawa%20Dolma%29%20-%20Full%20Discography/alan-Diamond%20Over%20the%20clouds/02.Over%20the%20clouds.mp3. Is there a way to convert "%20" as "space", "%5D" as "]" , "%29" as ")" and so on in plugin? Some of them (which i know) i already substituted in measure, and this is same problem with Cyrillic and Hieroglyphics characters.
- Track, Artist, Album, Controls, Volume, Duration, Position, Progress are works fully. :)
VLC (1.1.9 Portable) not supported, as i tested... :???:

About WinAmp, i still don't get it, looks like i cant use two skins with PlayerName=WinAmp at the same time. Does plugin supports "running" more then one skin with same settings? is this allowed, or this is only winamp problem?

Rainmeter 2.1.0 rev. 838 , WinAmp 5.61 (with Winamp Essentials Pack v5.6 installed http://www.winamp.com/plugin/winamp-essentials-pack-v5-6/150126)
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

~Faradey~ wrote: - Cover Art works like it should, but i'm interesting why, when PlayerType=FILE, it returns some strange path, like file:///D:/Music/Alan%20%28Alan%20Dawa%20Dolma%29%20-%20Full%20Discography/alan-Diamond%20Over%20the%20clouds/02.Over%20the%20clouds.mp3. Is there a way to convert "%20" as "space", "%5D" as "]" , "%29" as ")" and so on in plugin? Some of them (which i know) i already substituted in measure, and this is same problem with Cyrillic and Hieroglyphics characters.
Thanks for letting me know. Fixed version available here: http://poiru.net/vlc-libcad4.zip
~Faradey~ wrote: - Rating is not working. Shows always 0 and set rating not change this situations
I don't think VLC supports ratings. Or does it?
~Faradey~ wrote: - Only once i had a problem with progress, stick to 0, but then, with next track and this problem gone itself :)
Yeah, I've had to use a kinda hacky approach, which may cause this in some rare occasions. I'll try to think of something better as we move forward.
~Faradey~ wrote:About WinAmp, i still don't get it, looks like i cant use two skins with PlayerName=WinAmp at the same time. Does plugin supports "running" more then one skin with same settings? is this allowed, or this is only winamp problem?
This is fixed in the beta today (will be released in a hour or two).
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

poiru wrote:Thanks for letting me know. Fixed version available here: http://poiru.net/vlc-libcad4.zip
Confirmed.
Always happy to help :).
poiru wrote:I don't think VLC supports ratings. Or does it?
LOL, my bad, it doesn't ))) Sorry)
poiru wrote:This is fixed in the beta today (will be released in a hour or two)
Super!