Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9.5]

Post by poiru »

Version 0.9.5 is available for download from: http://poiru.net/np095.zip

Manual: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying_beta

Changelog:
- Updated example skin (e.g. now possible to set rating among other things)
- Added foobar2000 support (note: the foo_rainmeter.dll plugin must be copied into the foobar's components folder)
- Added new types: VOLUME, STATE
- Added new bangs: SetVolume, SetRating
- Various fixes and improvements

Known bugs:
- SetVolume is not accurate with foobar2000/Winamp (i.e. increasing volume by 25% will result in ~25% increase). Will fix for next release.

Didn't have time to fully implement the OpenPlayer/ClosePlayer/TogglePlayer bangs. Will do so for next release.

Let me know how it works :)
Bgdrls

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9.5]

Post by Bgdrls »

I let you know when you supporting...

http://www.aimp.ru/index.php

;)
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

I've taken the bones of my Jobu's Revelation variant, stripped everything winamp out (that I can) and it is working fine. Took me a minute or two to understand the stars alignment X+1 & Y+1.

Current iteration using the plugin here, will test with foobar later, then uninstall Winamp when finished...
Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Matt

Post by Matt »

1. thankyathankyakthankya x 100 :D :D :D :D :D

2. State doesn't appear to update to "Playing" if I pause or stop playback and then start the next/previous track. However, pausing and then unpausing or hitting stop and then play gets the state corrected.

3. Some cover art doesn't get passed through from foobar2000. So far, it seems to be albums with a cover.png. Still looking into this one.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:3. Some cover art doesn't get passed through from foobar2000. So far, it seems to be albums with a cover.png. Still looking into this one.
I am lazy and only check for .jpg. Will fix this and the other issue for next release :)
Bgdrls wrote:I let you know when you supporting...

http://www.aimp.ru/index.php
I looked into this and it seems it is possible. Will try to get this in at some point.
zielonyfred

Post by zielonyfred »

great work :)

is it possible that after STOP track and artist wont vanish? something like ShowWhenStopped=1 or 0?
Also toggle player would be very nice

Any tips how to trim following zero in actual position, and total duration? Can it be done with substitute option?

Thanks for your work :)
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

Ok, pure awesomeness aside. Thanks for fixing the disappearing track, cover, etc., issue in the new update. Love the volume capability as it now allows me to ditch the one from the Kotoko suite and have one directly in the player.

One little ...bug(?)I had to keep your sample skin open as I changed the volume percentage string to a bar meter and here's what I found.

- Changed volume up to +10
- Volume raised by 10%
- Then I changed volume down to -10
- Volume lowered by 11% - all the way down to zero in 11% increments
- Changed Volume down to -9 (After setting volume to 100% in Winamp)
- Volume lowered by 10% all the way down to zero in 10% increments
- (With Volume up set at +10) I raised volume to 100% but it went in 11% increments.
- Changed Volume up to +11 (reset volume to 0 in Winamp)
- Volume rose to 100% in 10% increments.

Hope that's not confusing, I just wanted to show how I got to having the bangs set as they are. Currently, in order to raise and lower volume in 10% increments I have to set the code as...

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer SetVolume +11"]
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer SetVolume -9"]

This is not really an issue for me but thought you might like to know. Thanks for this plugin! It is as they say... "The Cats' Pajamas" :thumbup:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Waldensamkeit wrote:One little ...bug(?)I had to keep your sample skin open as I changed the volume percentage string to a bar meter and here's what I found.
poiru wrote:Known bugs:
- SetVolume is not accurate with foobar2000/Winamp (i.e. increasing volume by 25% will result in ~25% increase). Will fix for next release.
;)
zielonyfred wrote:is it possible that after STOP track and artist wont vanish? something like ShowWhenStopped=1 or 0?
Yeah, I'll add something for that.
zielonyfred wrote:Any tips how to trim following zero in actual position, and total duration? Can it be done with substitute option?
Not sure I understand. Do you want to change 0:30 to 0:3 / 0:03 to 0:3 or something like that?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Playing one of the handful of hour-plus recordings I have, I noticed that at 1:00:21 / 1:05:35 of Boris' "Absolutego", the progress on the example skin displayed 00:21 / 05:35. With DisableLeadingZero=1, it became 0:21 / 5:35.

Also, on the NowPlaying page in the DisableLeadingZero section, I think H:MM and HH:MM should be M:SS and MM:SS, respectively.
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

poiru wrote:poiru wrote:
Known bugs:
I gotta learn to just read things twice form now on. :???: Sorry 'bout that