It is currently May 9th, 2024, 11:28 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Radiant

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Radiant »

Can you please add support for Clementine Player? This would be the first plugin of this type to have it. :D
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Radiant wrote:Can you please add support for Clementine Player? This would be the first plugin of this type to have it. :D
Clementine Player does not appear to have a plugin API, so there is nothing I can do at the moment.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Poru, I was thinking about all these requests you get for different players... Would it be possible for you to have a NowPlaying API? Let the players' developers write a little dll for their own player that NowPlaying can access. It would save you the trouble adding more and more players to NowPlaying.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

dragonmage wrote:Poru, I was thinking about all these requests you get for different players... Would it be possible for you to have a NowPlaying API? Let the players' developers write a little dll for their own player that NowPlaying can access. It would save you the trouble adding more and more players to NowPlaying.
NowPlaying supports the CD Art Display and Winamp interfaces. I could create an own API, but there wouldn't be much of an advantage compared to the CAD/Winamp interfaces.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I see. Carry on then. :p So you just check to see if a player supports one of those APIs then suggest it to the dev if it doesn't?
XANCI

Post by XANCI »

In recent ver. that support DynamicVariables, PlayerType=COVER return no value when PlayerName changes
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

XANCI wrote:In recent ver. that support DynamicVariables, PlayerType=COVER return no value when PlayerName changes
Thanks for reporting, will fix for the beta today.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

@poiru,

I don't know if anyone else has reported this problem before, but here it is:
In a Windows 7 x64 system, using Shark007's codecs Nowplaying skins and windows media player don't have a great time together.
What I have noticed, is that when I open a movie .mkv to watch, sometimes the wmplayer will crash. When that happens, I noticed that Rainmeter also pretty much hogs. Wmplayer.exe stucks and can't be terminated until I exit Rainmeter and then terminate the process. This makes me think that Rainmeter has something to do with that. When I re-open them, everything works well. In other cases, I can watch the whole movie .mkv in wmplayer with no problems and when I exit it, the NowPlaying skins are stuck with the file name of the .mkv and wmplayer.exe can't be terminated.

I hope I described the problem well. Is it possible to exclude some files from NowPlaying plugins? E.g. video files (.mkv) shouldn't trigger the music skins.

Thanks for reading all this. :P
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Sorry for the double post, but I noticed that TrackChangeAction is always executing once when my media player is closed and I load the skin (using the latest beta). This is it:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
@include=#CURRENTPATH#\Resources\Settings.inc

;=================================
;Measures
;===========

[mPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=TITLE
DisableLeadingZero=0
TrackChangeAction=!execute ["someprogram.exe" [mArtist] [mAlbum]" "[mPlayer]" ]

[mArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=ARTIST

[mAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=ALBUM
As you can see, a program is supposed to get the values from NowPlaying plugin, and because there aren't any, the bang fails and displays an error message from the program. I tested it more with:

Code: Select all

TrackChangeAction=!execute [someprogram.exe "test"]

And the !bang is always executed once, on first loading of the skin. Is it a bug, or not? Can I do something to let it check first if the player is active and then fire the !bang? Thanks.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

KreAch3R wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I noticed that TrackChangeAction is always executing once when my media player is closed and I load the skin (using the latest beta). This is it:

And the !bang is always executed once, on first loading of the skin. Is it a bug, or not? Can I do something to let it check first if the player is active and then fire the !bang? Thanks.
I will fix this for the beta today.