It is currently May 11th, 2024, 9:25 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9.5]

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:Playing one of the handful of hour-plus recordings I have, I noticed that at 1:00:21 / 1:05:35 of Boris' "Absolutego", the progress on the example skin displayed 00:21 / 05:35. With DisableLeadingZero=1, it became 0:21 / 5:35.

Also, on the NowPlaying page in the DisableLeadingZero section, I think H:MM and HH:MM should be M:SS and MM:SS, respectively.
Will fix both later on. Thanks for reporting.
zielonyfred

Post by zielonyfred »

Matt wrote:Playing one of the handful of hour-plus recordings I have, I noticed that at 1:00:21 / 1:05:35 of Boris' "Absolutego", the progress on the example skin displayed 00:21 / 05:35. With DisableLeadingZero=1, it became 0:21 / 5:35.

Also, on the NowPlaying page in the DisableLeadingZero section, I think H:MM and HH:MM should be M:SS and MM:SS, respectively.
Ah, didnt notice that. Thanks :)
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

OK, I've just noticed that the OST for Moon doesn't report the track length, therefore the progress bar doesn't run at all. Winamp appears to detect it just fine (yes, no album art hence revised default icon)...
Capture.JPG
It may just be this album or a incorrect track or something, but first time I have seen this, track has id3 information.

If I run it with foobar, the ratings no longer work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

First of all i want to thank you Poiru, for all what you did, doing and will do! and of course to all rainmeter developers! Thank You!

;------------------

Please don't get me wrong, i'm excited about this plugin and i want to help you to make it better.

I've tested it and noticed follow issues (problems):
1- korean characters are not supported thus way any other info not showing too. japanese characters and Cyrillic are supported;
2. .jpeg file format not supported;
3. Lossless (.flac | .ape) not supported and any info not showing;
4. .m4a not supported too;
5. and i don't know why but song rating not working too(
If you need any evidences then i will do screenshot or give you other needed information.

and i have suggestion about how cover art should be retrieved. I don't know if you know about my skin for winamp what can retrieve cover arts (it is here), and i want to tell you how it works, maybe it would help you to do what i want :) . And i want to have more then one cover art, and names of images can be any. (.*)

- first, info about track reads from ID3 tags using gen_actiwia.dll plugin and i made a script to communicate with it (i'm sure your plugin doing some same thing)
- second, to retrieve cover art i used same plugin, what writes to .inc file a path to media file. Then another script coping all images (jpg and, jpeg) from folder using that path to new special folder for covers in same directory as skin is in. After song change, before coping new images, script deletes all previous images. Thus way I get not only one cover, sometimes there are front.jpg, back.jpg etc. and also i have a lot of music with covers with different names, no standard...After all Quote plugin shows these images as slideshow.

Or maybe, just tell me how to know a path to media file using your plugin, and other stuff i'll do by myself :)

;-------------

Tnx. in advance)
poiru
Developer

Version 0.9.6 Released.

Post by poiru »

Version 0.9.6 is available for download: http://poiru.net/np096.zip

Note:
- Rainmeter 2.1 beta required
- Before using the skin, you must open Skin.ini and set the value of MediaPlayer= on line 12
- foobar2000 users must also update the foo_rainmeter.dll plugin

Manual: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying_beta

Changelog:
- Added full support for AIMP (version 2 and 3). Read manual above for more info.
- Fixed minor SetVolume rounding bug with foobar2000/Winamp
- Fixed foobar2000 state issue (Matt: state doesn't update to "Playing" if I pause or stop playback and then start the next/previous track)
- Fixed that hours are not displayed with MediaType=POSITION and MediaType=DURATION
- Added support for .PNG/.BMP cover images for foobar2000/Winamp (and AIMP)

For next release: (preliminary list)
- DisableClearOnStop= option to stop track info from disappearing when player is stopped
- Open/Close/TogglePlayer bangs
- Support for GIF/JPEG cover art
Bgdrls wrote:I let you know when you supporting...

http://www.aimp.ru/index.php
AIMP is supported now ;)
~Faradey~ wrote:1- korean characters are not supported thus way any other info not showing too. japanese characters and Cyrillic are supported;
2. .jpeg file format not supported;
3. Lossless (.flac | .ape) not supported and any info not showing;
4. .m4a not supported too;
5. and i don't know why but song rating not working too
1. Will look into this.
2., 3., 4. Will likely fix for next release.
5. Did you try with a MP3 file?
~Faradey~ wrote:and i have suggestion about how cover art should be retrieved.
Cover art for Winamp is searched for as follows:
- Art cache
- ID3 embedded art (if found, the cover is extracted and stored in cache)
- %album%.xxx, cover.xxx, folder.xxx (where xxx is JPG/PNG/BMP) in the folder of the track

This lookup process is more or less the same as that of Winamp itself.
Seahorse wrote:OK, I've just noticed that the OST for Moon doesn't report the track length, therefore the progress bar doesn't run at all. Winamp appears to detect it just fine (yes, no album art hence revised default icon)...

If I run it with foobar, the ratings no longer work.
1. Hmm.. Could you send me the troublesome file(s)?
2. foobar2000 doesn't support ratings (at least by default).
JoBu

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9.6]

Post by JoBu »

First off, awesome job poiru, really great work - this should really get picked up with the RM distros.

So, I finally got around to trying your new plugin and had an issue.
I managed to fix it and thought that you might want the info.

I was missing MSVCP100.DLL on my system (which is likely a rarity, but I monkey my OS all the time), which led to a number of error messages when trying to load the skin.
If anyone else has this issue, just point them to the redistributable file for download, found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=BD512D9E-43C8-4655-81BF-9350143D5867 (X64)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84 (X86)

Reinstalling it now and it should fix my problems. Will let you know if there's anything more.
(PS the download link in the first post points to this thread, rather than your site).
~Faradey~

Re: Version 0.9.6 Released.

Post by ~Faradey~ »

Tnx. for answer)
poiru wrote:....5. Did you try with a MP3 file?
Yes indeed...here is a screenshot...

screenshot
and here what i noticed. if rating were setted by winamp or by other method, your skin shows no rating, but if i will set rating through skin, then it will show as it should...hm strange....

And i notice another issue. If file name contained this type of "[" characters, then plugin fails to load information, or this is not plugin, it is all about rainmeter...becouse of ["some bang/measure"]

screenshot
poiru wrote:This lookup process is more or less the same as that of Winamp itself.
well
so there is no way to get to know this?
~Faradey~ wrote:Or maybe, just tell me how to know a path to media file using your plugin, and other stuff i'll do by myself :)
Seahorse

Re: Version 0.9.6 Released.

Post by Seahorse »

poiru wrote: 1. Hmm.. Could you send me the troublesome file(s)?
2. foobar2000 doesn't support ratings (at least by default).
Using Foobar (my normal player, works fine). Will revert, test again and report back later.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Matt

Post by Matt »

With 0.9.6, I'm getting instant Rainmeter crashes when I play any FLAC, M4A, or WMA files in foobar2000. Everything except MP3s it seems.
poiru wrote:- Fixed minor SetVolume rounding bug with foobar2000/Winamp
- Fixed foobar2000 state issue (Matt: state doesn't update to "Playing" if I pause or stop playback and then start the next/previous track)
- Fixed that hours are not displayed with MediaType=POSITION and MediaType=DURATION
:thumbup:
poiru wrote:2. foobar2000 doesn't support ratings (at least by default).
That's true. I've been using the Playback Statistics component for so long, I forgot that song ratings aren't really supported by default.

Off topic...
Seahorse wrote:... the OST for Moon ...
I love that soundtrack and the movie.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

JoBu wrote:So, I finally got around to trying your new plugin and had an issue.
I managed to fix it and thought that you might want the info
Rainmeter 2.1 beta installs the required packages automatically. Added it to the notes, thanks.
~Faradey~ wrote:Or maybe, just tell me how to know a path to media file using your plugin, and other stuff i'll do by myself :)
I'll add an option for this in next release.
Matt wrote:With 0.9.6, I'm getting instant Rainmeter crashes when I play any FLAC, M4A, or WMA files in foobar2000. Everything except MP3s it seems.
That's true. I've been using the Playback Statistics component for so long, I forgot that song ratings aren't really supported by default.
Will take a look at these.