It is currently May 12th, 2024, 2:42 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Kaelri
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Kaelri »

Mordasius wrote:I've been using some of my old MusicPlayer skins with MusicBee and have noticed occasions when [mPlayer] doesn't return anything for the track title. I have set Player=CAD and there are no problems when using WMP.
Does it always happen on the same tracks or track titles? It would be nice if there were an example file that we could dissect.
Mordasius wrote:There have also been times when the album art doesn't display. NowPlaying works with WMP but MusicBee seems to need to have the album art embedded in the MP3 before it can show it with
I would guess this is probably just a matter of how MusicBee has implemented the CAD interface. I use MusicBee myself, and I've observed the same behavior. (Actually, it might be a bug on MusicBee's end - I notice that if I delete a track's embedded artwork, the image in Rainmeter changes to the automatically-downloaded album art. But if I refresh the skin or change tracks in MusicBee, I can't get it back.)
Mordasius wrote:I've also found that left-clicking on the following opens MusicBee but only after it has crashed Rainmeter.
I haven't seen this one, although I suspect it has to do with multiple applications using the CAD interface. (I'm not 100% sure what happens when you send an "open player" command to CAD when it isn't associated with any running process.)
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Kaelri wrote: Does it always happen on the same tracks or track titles? It would be nice if there were an example file that we could dissect.
Yes it does always happen on the same tracks. Here is a file I downloaded after playing Fallout 3 and getting into the 1940/50's time warp stuff. There is no album information for the file but you can see that while WMP picks up the track title, MusicBee can't find it. In fact having found a few other files with missing titles, it seems that the problem only occurs in MusicBee when there is no album information.
Missing Track Title.jpg
Edit. Seems you can't upload .mp3 files to the forum even if you change the extension or add it to a .rar archive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Can you ZIP it? Or use another medium, like Dropbox?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Try this MediaFire link You'll need to change it back from a .rmskin extension to .mp3. Or maybe that's .rmskin -> .zip -> .mp3 can't remember.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

It looks like WMP automatically provides the filename in place of the title if there's no tag. And MusicBee just doesn't do that.

You could try posting a request on the MusicBee forum. Steven is usually quite responsive about these things.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@Mordasius
Nice!
Do you have a link to this skin?

Thanks!
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

eclectic-tech wrote:Do you have a link to this skin?
It's part of a collection of big, bold, brassy and in-your-face skins that I'm working on. I should have something ready for sharing before the end of the month. :)

BTW I've already changed the Music Player skin so it's not so much a repetition of the NewsReader:
brassy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mordasius on September 21st, 2012, 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Mordasius wrote: It's part of a collection of big, bold, brassy and in-your-face skins that I'm working on. I should have something ready for sharing before the end of the month. :)
Thanks, nice work, I like the look!
I'll keep an eye out for your release...
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

Mordasius wrote: It's part of a collection of big, bold, brassy and in-your-face skins that I'm working on. I should have something ready for sharing before the end of the month. :)

BTW I've already changed the Music Player skin so it's not so much a repetition of the NewsReader:
brassy.jpg

wow that barometer looks nice.

i saw you rotated the screws on it. i think it would look nicer if you just use the rotated screws as "template where to place them" and then place the copies of the screws manually. this would help to get rid of the little distortion. after that you could rotate some of the single screws a little to addaround their center to add more realism.
ali

Post by ali »

Did iTunes 10.7 brake this fine plugin? Because it no longer works for me.

Edit: never mind, my mistake.