It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:22 am

Bug with sleep mode (rainmeter 1.0)

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
KiRe

Re: Bug with sleep mode (rainmeter 1.0)

Post by KiRe »

Mine isn't related with gmail/weather. It wakes up fine with the two.
^ rainmeter noob.
molk

Post by molk »

KiRe wrote:Mine isn't related with gmail/weather. It wakes up fine with the two.
Maybe it work on any skin i mean you can try the way id used.
Rainmeter Fans:)
KiRe

Post by KiRe »

I apologize for my absence, school started back up and I haven't had time for rainmeter-ing. Any updates on the situation before I start trouble shooting again?
^ rainmeter noob.
NeverOutofTune

Post by NeverOutofTune »

I, too, have experienced the Rainmeter crash after returning from sleep. I have Vista Business 32 bit. I have only quickly tried these version of Rainmeter:

Rainmeter-Latest-20090421-32bit.exe
Rainmeter-1.0-32bit.exe
Rainmeter-1.1-r181-32bit-beta.exe
Rainmeter-1.1-r192-32bit-beta.exe (this caused my skins to not display correctly. I use the Xr and Yr relative positions a lot. My meters were displaying on top of each other)

I use two skins (the same two for many years). One is a minimalist for typical system and network stats and the other is a weather skin. Several months ago I switched from weather.com to wunderground.com.

These two skins have been flawless with 0.14 - build Jan 2006. Unfortunately, I did not have time to experiment so I immediately put 0.14 back on. As I get time, I will try one skin, then the other to see if it is related to a specific skin.

My weather skin uses the webparser.dll plugin. My system monitor skins uses the PowerPlugin.dll, perfmon.dll, sysinfo.dll, and webparser.dll plugins.

I also recently started to use BatteryBar.
NeverOutofTune

Post by NeverOutofTune »

I did some testing and found that it was my weather skin causing the crash after return from sleep.

Rainmeter version: version 1.1 rev 213 (32 bit) - Vista Business (32 bit).

This skin has worked flawlessly for years on several machines on ver 0.14.

This will fail always every time from return from sleep and when I restart Rainmeter may fail 1 out of every 10 times.

I pared down to a minimal skin that would still cause the crash. Could be related to WebParser.dll plugin.

[Rainmeter]

[Weather6Day]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=3600
Url=http://api.wunderground.com/auto/wui/geo/ForecastXML/index.xml?query=KCMH
RegExp="(?siU)<date>(.*)</date>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<fcttext>(.*)</fcttext>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<fcttext>(.*)</fcttext>.*<simpleforecast>.*<weekday>(.*)</weekday>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<pop>(.*)</pop>.*<weekday>(.*)</weekday>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<pop>(.*)</pop>.*<weekday>(.*)</weekday>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<pop>(.*)</pop>.*<weekday>(.*)</weekday>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<pop>(.*)</pop>.*<weekday>(.*)</weekday>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<pop>(.*)</pop>.*<weekday>(.*)</weekday>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<fahrenheit>(.*)</fahrenheit>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<pop>(.*)</pop>.*<hour>(.*)</hour>.*<minute>(.*)</minute>.*<hour>(.*)</hour>.*<minute>(.*)</minute>.*<hour>(.*)</hour>.*<minute>(.*)</minute>"

[MeterTest]
Meter=STRING
Text="TEST RAINMETER"
molk

Post by molk »

When using the latest Rev Rainmeter 1.1 r223 beta available,my problem is solved.
NeverOutofTune

Post by NeverOutofTune »

Some quick testing with build 233 successful. No longer crashing after return from sleep mode.
molk

Post by molk »

Most greatly appreciate all the endeavor of developers.
tontopronto

Post by tontopronto »

This is happening to me with 1.3 rev 560 (64 bit).

Was there ever a fix for this error?
Shadowlink_1990

Post by Shadowlink_1990 »

This has also been happening to me lately. At first I thought there was something wrong with my computer since I just built it, but when I turned off Rainmeter I noticed that my computer didn't crash after being idle for some time. I uninstalled the program but I really like it, so I hope there's a fix soon.