It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 4:34 pm

NowPlaying Shuffle bug

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
WandersFar

NowPlaying Shuffle bug

Post by WandersFar »

I am experiencing the bug first mentioned here: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60212#p60212

Though in that thread, it was purportedly fixed…?

When I toggle shuffle (via a hotkey in VLC) Rainmeter does not update the shuffle meter until after the next song begins. The shuffle toggle is instantaneous in my player, Rainmeter just doesn’t pick up and display the change until the current song has finished playing.

The workaround in that thread, !CommandMeasure SetShuffle -1, is also not working for me. When I send that bang, the shuffle is toggled, yes, but Rainmeter still doesn’t display the change in status until the end of the current track.

I’m running the 3.0 beta, r1995.
Alixedomn

Re: NowPlaying Shuffle bug

Post by Alixedomn »

have you tried using [!CommandMeasure SetShuffle -1][!Redraw]?
WandersFar

Post by WandersFar »

I just tried adding the !Redraw bang. Unfortunately, still nothing.
Alixedomn

Post by Alixedomn »

Strange... you can try the !refresh bang to make your skin reload. If that doesn't work try updating the libcad plugin (http://code.google.com/p/vlc-libcad/downloads/list). It might also be a problem with the nowplaying plugin. For example, using WMP, the nowplaying plugin included in rainmeter 2.5 and 3.0 beta doesn't change the rating correctly, but worked fine in version 2.2. Maybe it got broken, I don't know... I'll try to alert one of the developers to this issue.
WandersFar

Post by WandersFar »

Just went to update libcad, but I was already running the latest version. Replaced it anyway. Still nothing.

Added a !Refresh, whole skin refreshed as expected, but shuffle indicator was not activated.

I don’t use WMP, I use VLC for everything, but from what I’ve read, this problem is not limited to any particular player. It must be something to do with the NowPlaying plugin itself.