It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:13 am

animated 3 piece equalizer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
lysy1993lbn

Re: animated 3 piece equalizer

Post by lysy1993lbn »

moshi wrote:well, for this not to lag, one would need to set Update to probably 20. else it would not even be of the little value it provides but just a pointless animation. and when Rainmeter has to redraw a skin's window every 20 ms at least on my computer that has recognizable impact.
I'm running dock (about 30 meters) skin with update=10 to get smooth animation with Universal Transtion lua script.
It's absolutely fine with my dual core 2.5GhZ CPU which is less than average nowdays.

I even tried it on single core 1.86GhZ netbook and it was fine as well
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
irk

Post by irk »

lysy1993lbn wrote:I'm running dock (about 30 meters) skin with update=10 to get smooth animation with Universal Transtion lua script.
It's absolutely fine with my dual core 2.5GhZ CPU which is less than average nowdays.

I even tried it on single core 1.86GhZ netbook and it was fine as well
I've got an i7 2600K 3.4Ghz, 16 GBs of ram, and an Nvidia 460 GTX if that is any consolation.

at the moment, getting a custom equalizer to work would be far more entertaining than its practicality. I mean heck it's purpose is to add visual to my desktop when playing music while I am working, not while I am running high graphics in video games.
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

I wasn't able to get very far with that gadget's source. All the vitals are tucked away in WASAPIlib.dll, written by Jonathan Abbott who made the original spectrograph gadget, and I can't find any info on him.

A plugin can be implemented by taking WASAPI loopback and passing it through a Fast Fourier Transform.

I'm looking at a sample oscilloscope implementation, but I may be wasting my time since it doesn't even work on Windows 7. That is not to say that WASAPI is no good though, since the gadget works.

NAudio is relevant and there are even classes on its use but I can't find the source for its WasapiLoopbackCapture function.