It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:34 am

Top Memory Process Numeric for RoundMeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
bill98

Top Memory Process Numeric for RoundMeter

Post by bill98 »

Is there a way to get the top process percent or memory usage level numeric that can be used with a RoundMeter? I would like to add the top memory process to my CPU data roundmeter. I haven't been able to find a numeric value and separate process name. A value without "MB" tagged on it.

Thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Top Memory Process Numeric for RoundMeter

Post by jsmorley »

I use the AdvancedCPU plugin to get both the name and the percent usage of the "top process".

http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/advancedcpu

In order to use the value as a percentage in meters, it must have the MaxValue of the measure dynamically set to the current value of an AdvancedCPU measure which has no CPUInclude or CPUExclude options.

Code: Select all

[MeasureCPUMax]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU

[MeasureTopProcessName]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=2
CPUExclude="Idle;dwm;wmpnetwk;csrss;svchost;lsass;system"

[MeasureTopProcess%]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=1
CPUExclude="Idle;dwm;wmpnetwk;csrss;svchost;lsass;system"
MaxValue=[MeasureCPUMax]
DynamicVariables=1
The value will be treated as a percentage automatically by meters that are percentual in nature like Bar and Roundline and Rotator and such. To use it as a percentage in a String meter, you will need the Percentual=1 option on the String meter.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Sorry for the intrusion...

I have a question not really related to the OP question, but with Top Process.
I can have and retain a Max Process value (the process who has used most of CPU) and it's simple to obtain.
The problem is when I try to retain the Max Process name.

Any suggestion?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fonpaolo wrote:Sorry for the intrusion...

I have a question not really related to the OP question, but with Top Process.
I can have and retain a Max Process value (the process who has used most of CPU) and it's simple to obtain.
The problem is when I try to retain the Max Process name.

Any suggestion?
You are going to want to tie the name to the value at the same time when you do whatever checking your are using to set some variable with "HighestTopProcess%" or whatever you are doing. Just have another !SetVariable set "HighestTopProcessName" at the same time. The point is to have them always change together, so the value and the name are kept in sync.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Thanks jsmorley, already done that, but, as you've said, the name isn't corresponding at the Top Process displayed, it often changes too fast.

It's just only a curiosity, I can live without this, not really a problem, I was thinking to display the amount of CPU utilization of certain programs very CPU intensive.

Another problem is that I'm using the values on a ToolTip, I don't know why, but in some cases, with hipertreading CPUs (maybe this is the problem), the value of the process is more than 100%, sometimes a lot more...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fonpaolo wrote:Thanks jsmorley, already done that, but, as you've said, the name isn't corresponding at the Top Process displayed, it often changes too fast.

It's just only a curiosity, I can live without this, not really a problem, I was thinking to display the amount of CPU utilization of certain programs very CPU intensive.

Another problem is that I'm using the values on a ToolTip, I don't know why, but in some cases, with hipertreading CPUs (maybe this is the problem), the value of the process is more than 100%, sometimes a lot more...
See my edited post above, I didn't see you were in the process of replying, and my coffee / blood ratio wasn't high enough yet. I pretty much completely missed the point of your original post.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Ok, thanks, I'll try your suggestion.

For the moment (and finally!) my skin is uploaded as is. :great:

Now, when I'll find some time, I can add other new features.
I still have to play with the last additions in the beta, but I'll wait until they'll be in the last "stable" release.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fonpaolo wrote:Ok, thanks, I'll try your suggestion.

For the moment (and finally!) my skin is uploaded as is. :great:

Now, when I'll find some time, I can add other new features.
I still have to play with the last additions in the beta, but I'll wait until they'll be in the last "stable" release.
All public versions of Rainmeter are "stable".
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

jsmorley wrote:All public versions of Rainmeter are "stable".
I know, I know, it's for this reason that I've written between "". :D

I have tested many Alpha and Beta programs in the past, mainly for my job and as a result, now, I don't want to install one on my computer, even if it's very good, stable and doesn't gives problems, as Rainmeter.
Since I'm using the computer for my job and I have some very... squeamish programs, I'm very careful to install every program.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fonpaolo wrote: I know, I know, it's for this reason that I've written between "". :D

I have tested many Alpha and Beta programs in the past, mainly for my job and as a result, now, I don't want to install one on my computer, even if it's very good, stable and doesn't gives problems, as Rainmeter.
Since I'm using the computer for my job and I have some very... squeamish programs, I'm very careful to install every program.
That is entirely up to you of course, but I won't stop pinging you every single time you call the "final" version "stable", as the implication that our beta releases are not stable discourages folks who might read your posts, and that is not something we want. It can be months and months before we do a "final" version, and we don't want casual users thinking they have to wait all that time to start using new features.

If you start using "beta" and "final" when you talk about this, we will get along fine... ;-)