It is currently May 4th, 2024, 7:38 pm

Highlighted Text On an Image

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
bill98

Highlighted Text On an Image

Post by bill98 »

We discussed this problem earlier with a solution of using multiple images to change the color of certain text on an image(blue), to {yellow) highlight it. The image rotates, the highlight is fixed. Is it possible to make the image text transparent and have a fixed image behind it that is mostly blue, with a small area yellow. This way I would only have two images to juggle. I tried this as an experiment and couldn't get the background color to show through.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Highlighted Text On an Image

Post by balala »

Please, post your code here, to can check.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

I tossed the code because it didn't work. The basic question is: Can text with a 16 font size be typed on an opaque image with a transparent color, such that when placed over a yellow background it will appear yellow?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

I could well be missing the point, but I'm tempted to say that if you use a String Meter with a transparent colour (say FFFFFF00 or 255,255,255,0) then it doesn't matter what colour the underlying/background image is you will never see the text in the String Meter.

Likewise, if you set the colour of the text (say yellow) to be exactly the same colour as the underlying/background image (also yellow) then you will never see it.
moshi

Post by moshi »

my guess it that what he's thinking about could be defined as using a string meter as a mask.

answer is: not possible with Rainmeter today.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Or maybe a transparent string, which, when the mouse is over it, become yellow? Not, I think it's not this, but I'm not very sure what exactly you want?
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

At least draw in Paint what you want :D
Maybe ColorMatrix Guide will help
bill98

Post by bill98 »

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help! What I am trying to do is highlight the current(top) day in a rotating meter of weekdays. The only creditable solution I could come up with is a fixed blue circular background for 6/7 of the circle and a yellow(highlight) background for the 1/7 at the top. The rotator meter rotates an image of the weekdays in transparent text with black background. Result is current day in yellow, other week days blue. An alternate solution was to have a circular blue image of all week days and 7 separate yellow images of each week day. Then rotate them around daily. I think my original question asked if anyone had an "Easy"" way of doing this.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

But why don't you try to use an unmovable background and let the text to rotate on that background? You could use seven string meters and change the property of one of them. I have no time now, but later I'll try to create a simple code to see how I would attack this question.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

Not sure exactly what you are saying. Sounds similar to what I did but different. If it is easier I am all for it. Did I mention that the text is in a circle. That might effect your proposal.
Thanks