It is currently May 8th, 2024, 11:07 pm

ScoreCards

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
jake2456

ScoreCards

Post by jake2456 »

Inspired by the team tracker cards i use with my home assistant dashboard. I decided to make some simple at glance style score cards for sports teams.

Current Cards:
MLB -Baseball
NCAAF -College Football(American)
NFL -American Football
NHL -Hockey
NBA -Basketball
Football(Soccer)

Future Plans:
NCAAM -College Basketball

Let me know if there are any other sports you would like to see an ill see what I can do.

Go to the sports Variables Card to find out how to set your team.
ScoreCards.png
scorecards2.png
ScoreCards_1.5.rmskin
v1.5
Fix for MLB not showing Ball count, outs, or on base
v1.4
Fix for NBAVariables to show correct teams and id numbers.
v1.3
Added NHL
Added NBA
I commented out the background logos as i was starting to think they were a bit to much. If you want to use them just uncomment them.
V1.2
A Few Small fixes to all the cards to display things correctly at the right time.
Swaped the Football/Soccer Card From away on left and home on right to home on left and away on right.
V1.1
Added NFL & Football(Soccer)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jake2456 on April 17th, 2024, 6:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ScoreCards

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 14th, 2023, 1:49 am Let me know if there are any other sports you would like to see an ill see what I can do.
Well, since you asked for this, I think real football (aka soccer for the strange people in the US, lol) standings, live scores and fixtures would be my pick. Spoiler: it won't be easy to find a single suitable source, and the scope would not be limited to a single country's teams. The upside of it would be that if done right and advertised in the proper places, this could bring a significant amount of people using it (and new users of Rainmeter as well) - obviously with the corresponding array of feature requests, bug reports, and so on.

Other than that, I like your idea - this could also benefit from mentioning it in the proper places (where fans of these sports typically navigate to). :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

I was just looking into that earlier, as i was anticipating someone requesting this. I think its possible to an extent. Im just not to familiar with it so ill have to do a bit more digging, but I did notice earlier that the exact same code for the ncaa football works for the nfl card. All i did was change the league name in the urls. Which makes me wonder if that same concept will work for football(soccer) also with all the different leagues and cups.

For this case i wish i really knew more about coding. As i would then just see if i could convert the team tracker cards i use with home assistant to work with rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 14th, 2023, 4:00 am but I did notice earlier that the exact same code for the ncaa football works for the nfl card. All i did was change the league name in the urls. Which makes me wonder if that same concept will work for football(soccer) also with all the different leagues and cups.
Hmm... I don't know, it's up to the site - navigating through it normally in a browser might offer some clues on whether they have other sports as well (and which). I don't think simply changing the league will work in this case though, since it's a different sport altogether, even if the historical roots are the same for both.
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Well taking another look at it i did endup finding the correct endpoints needed for football(soccer) and the structure of it all seems to be very similar to what ive been doing so far. If you give me a team to do some testing with i can see what i come up with tomorrow night.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 14th, 2023, 4:31 am Well taking another look at it i did endup finding the correct endpoints needed for football(soccer) and the structure of it all seems to be very similar to what ive been doing so far. If you give me a team to do some testing with i can see what i come up with tomorrow night.
Well, when I attempted this in the past, I only found one (fotmob.com, I think I even have an unfinished skin on that somewhere on the forum), but you seem to have a knack for finding better choices in that regard indeed. You can test with any of these teams: FC Barcelona, Manchester City, Liverpool FC, and see if they have smaller leagues like the Dutch league (Eredivisie, like they call it) or national competition info for, say, Argentina.
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

I updated the skin with nfl and football(soccer) Cards.

I think the football/soccer card is working correcting with the basic info displayed like all the other cards so far.
If you wanted to dig further into it to get more data or standings it looked like the data for that was there. You can use the links in the measures file to poke around with an see what you can find. An If you cant find what your looking let me know i might be able to point you in the right direction.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 14th, 2023, 10:33 pm I updated the skin with nfl and football(soccer) Cards.

I think the football/soccer card is working correcting with the basic info displayed like all the other cards so far.
If you wanted to dig further into it to get more data or standings it looked like the data for that was there. You can use the links in the measures file to poke around with an see what you can find. An If you cant find what your looking let me know i might be able to point you in the right direction.
Wow, thanks, I'll check it out later on. Didn't think you would come up with a solution so quickly - nice work. :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 14th, 2023, 10:33 pmI think the football/soccer card is working correcting with the basic info displayed like all the other cards so far.
I tested it, looks good. :thumbup:

It remains to be seen if the addrress you use will contain the similar info compared to the other cards when a game is actually played (or recently finished). Both Liverpool FC and Man City play today, while Barca plays tomorrow, so you don't need to wait too long to see that. Like the MLB card, the center could probably be the current score (big text) and possibly the score at half time (small text), and the bottom could be the current minute in the game (where 'Bot 9th' is in your screenshot). That should complete the skin.

EDIT: Well, didn't want to wait any longer, so I picked a random game from the Indonesian League that just happened to be played live at the time of posting, and the score(s) in the center are not displayed properly (if they even exist at the address you use for them, that is; it should be 1-0 for PSM Makassar in this case):
Score - Actual.jpg
Score - Skin Log.jpg
Score - Skin Measures.jpg
Also, shouldn't the home team (in this case, PSM Makassar) be displayed to the left in the skin and the away team to the right? Can't imagine this being different in the US for the other sports there, since, after all, apart from some exceptions, we all write from left to right so it comes as natural.

Other than that, the EPN API endpoint is a great choice. There are links to almost everything on that site indeed. ;-)

EDIT2: I forgot to close the skin while doing other things after posting the above, and, bar the strange home and away team positions, it looks like stuff is displayed properly after the game is finished (just not while the game is still playing, as described above):
Score - Skin Finished.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Hmm ill have to see if i can find a current game to look at an see why the scores were coming up wrong. Most likely its those look aheads/conditionals getting me again. I thought i had it correct but i did remove part of the code that wasnt needed. As far as what side is home and away, Away is typically left or top and and home is right or bottom at least here. One thing i did notice and forgot to mention is that with there being so many teams and leagues. They dont all have logos. This is mainly just on lesser known teams.