It is currently May 8th, 2024, 3:22 pm

ScoreCards

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ScoreCards

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 15th, 2023, 1:58 pm Hmm ill have to see if i can find a current game to look at an see why the scores were coming up wrong. Most likely its those look aheads/conditionals getting me again. I thought i had it correct but i did remove part of the code that wasnt needed. As far as what side is home and away, Away is typically left or top and and home is right or bottom at least here. One thing i did notice and forgot to mention is that with there being so many teams and leagues. They dont all have logos. This is mainly just on lesser known teams.
I see. Good luck with fixing the lookahead conditionals, let me know how it goes. As for the logos, I think it's OK if some lesser known teams lack logos, after all it's up to the site to provide them, not you. However, I strongly suggest you swap home and away positions, since virtually every football / soccer site as well as all the fans and papers put the home team to the left. Since this part of your suite is mainly for soccer enthusiasts, it would make sense to not confuse them with this. An alternative could be keeping the US specific positions, but have some smaller H and A indicators nearby, to make things clear to the many folks expecting the other way.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Yea i was just considering adding a default no image logo on there. As the site seems to do that but the api doesnt point to it.
I have watched a few games but i dont really follow along to much so i wasnt sure. I was just guessing by all the other sports here in the us and as how i typically read games as a team @ team thing. I agree though if the world views this sport as a home away instead of away home thats what i will do. Luckily it doesnt take much to flip them around. Ill also see about adding a H and A somewhere on there.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 15th, 2023, 3:03 pm Yea i was just considering adding a default no image logo on there. As the site seems to do that but the api doesnt point to it.
I have watched a few games but i dont really follow along to much so i wasnt sure. I was just guessing by all the other sports here in the us and as how i typically read games as a team @ team thing. I agree though if the world views this sport as a home away instead of away home thats what i will do. Luckily it doesnt take much to flip them around. Ill also see about adding a H and A somewhere on there.
Sounds alright, thanks! :thumbup:
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Well ive got a few games pulled up here and everything looks to be displaying correctly.
test1.png
testin.png
So im not sure why it wasnt displaying the scores correctly for you. Maybe it was just a refresh or update error?

Also you prefer FULL TIME or FINAL when match is over?
testfinal.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 15th, 2023, 4:36 pm So im not sure why it wasnt displaying the scores correctly for you. Maybe it was just a refresh or update error?
Hmm, I don't know. Maybe. I'll let you know if I encounter the issue again - now it seems to work properly again.
jake2456 wrote: September 15th, 2023, 4:36 pm Also you prefer FULL TIME or FINAL when match is over?
testfinal.png
Could be any of them, though the typical wording is FULL TIME. Since you're short on space there, it can evenl be FT, it should be understood by most people.
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Updated to 1.2
Fixed some general things on all cards to display things correctly at the right time.
Swapped Away and Home info locations around on the football/soccer carrd.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jake2456 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 7:08 pm Updated to 1.2
Fixed some general things on all cards to display things correctly at the right time.
Swapped Away and Home info locations around on the football/soccer carrd.
Looks good. :thumbup:
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Updated to v1.3
Added NHL
Added NBA
SupremeTim

Post by SupremeTim »

How do I pick a match? I can't find Variables Card anywhere.
jake2456

Post by jake2456 »

Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy and havent been on much. In the folder Rainmeter\Skins\ScoreCards\@Resources is where the variable files are located for each sport. It should explain in each sports variable file how to choose select a team. The score card will show live-ish in progress game/next upcoming game.