It is currently May 9th, 2024, 2:07 am

Neo Music Player

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
ZXCVBOT

Neo Music Player

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Hello Rainmeter-ers! :welcome:

I am posting this skin here, as I began here and asked questions leading this skin to it's finale. I post this complete skin as a thanks to the Sages, especially Yincognito and balala also, eclectic-tech (also for a skin I use - not included here, as it is not written by me), CodeCode, even SilverAzide and Brian (For another skin in an upcoming suite), pds (Suggetions and implementations).

Hopefully, this one is totally errrrrorrrr free! Don't be too harsh, but don't hesitate to point mistakes - I began this skin as a beginner, wanting to up-my-game in Rainmeter than just a Desktop Clock with Seconds :Whistle . What began as a silly project :p - visualizer, became a music info skin :oops: then this music player interface :yawn: .
Neo Music Player_2.01 (Final)_ [7.0-Revision)_3.0-Extras)].rmskin
Old Versions:
V1-V1.5
V1.0: Initial Release
Neo Music Player_1.0 __ [ 4.0 (Revision), 2.0 (Extras)].rmskin
V1.5 - Unfixed: Fixed the Shuffle and Repeat texts; Made a single style for all texts.
Neo Music Player_1.5 _ [5 (Revision), 2.1 (Extras)].rmskin
V1.5: Hotfix Applied: Fixed the Shuffle and Repeat texts; Made a single style for all texts.
Neo Music Player_1.5.1 _ [5.0 (Revision) _ 2.1 (Extras)].rmskin
V2-Onwards
V2.0 - Missing Font, X Position of Visualizer Wrong. Corrected it in 2.0.1.
Neo Music Player_2.0 (Final) _ [7.0-Revision _ 3.0-Extras].rmskin
Do try and tell. :-)

EDIT: Forgot to tell, set your preferences in the Variables. It's not that polished, so, yeah, just refresh it and check what they do, if un-understandable.

EDIT - New: Change Variables in Variables.inc From Version 2.0.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ZXCVBOT on November 8th, 2023, 7:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Neo Music Player

Post by balala »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 5th, 2023, 6:33 pm I am posting this skin here, as I began here and asked questions leading this skin to it's finale. I post this complete skin as a thanks to the Sages, especially Yincognito and balala also, eclectic-tech (also for a skin I use - not included here, as it is not written by me), CodeCode, even SilverAzide and Brian (For another skin in an upcoming suite).
I'm glad if helped you with this project. The result seems alright, looks good. Enjoy your skin.
Congratulations.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Thank you balala! Yes, you helped with the project in more than 1 way, the effects - glows, and few internal measures, also, old forums of yours - they all helped me.

PS: I already know it's not some ground-breaking code that which you might have not already encountered, but, it's good enough for me.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

A suggestion for those who do not use a cover, kindly change this line in Neo Music Player - Extras:

Code: Select all

[M_Refresh]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption M_Refresh FontColor "#HighlightColor#,255"][!UpdateMeter M_Refresh][color=#FF0000][!ShowMeterGroup "Controls2"][!ShowMeterGroup "Controls"][/color][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption M_Refresh FontColor "#*SpecialFontColor*#][!UpdateMeter M_Refresh][color=#FF0000][!Delay "15000"][!HideMeterGroup "Controls2"][/color][!Redraw]
This will enable to use the functionalities of the extras, and not unloading of the skin.

Edit: Removed </>. Reason: [color] is not visible in <code>. Edit 2: Corrected formatting for [-code]
Last edited by balala on November 6th, 2023, 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pds

Post by pds »

[styleMOUSE]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" FontColor 00FF00FF][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" FontColor ""][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
now you can add this style to any meter you like

[Meter1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=style1 | styleMOUSE
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

I kept the code that way for beginners who are willing to see how the code works for each meter/measure. If someone copy-pastes the code, he/she will not be taking into consideration the parent-meter that gives the 'style' to every meter. This is my behaviour at first atleast. :Whistle
Also, if someone is going to suggest to change PlayerName in each measure, don't. Same reason as above.

Although I thank you for the suggestion, and will post a modified code sometime later. ;-)

Edit: Does [!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" FontColor ""] actually work? I have tried this earlier, but the text-colour became black, instead of reverting.
Edit 2 & 3: The quotes are ignored by Rainmeter - I read this several times, so "#CURRENTSECTION#" can be written only also as #CURRENTSECTION#.
Last edited by ZXCVBOT on November 6th, 2023, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 6th, 2023, 12:29 pm {clip}
Edit: Does [!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" FontColor ""] actually work? I have tried this earlier, but the text-colour became black, instead of reverting.
Edit 2: The quotes are ignored by Rainmeter - I read this several times, so "#CURRENTSECTION#" can be written only as #CURRENTSECTION#.
The default text color in Rainmeter is 'black' (RGBA: 0,0,0,255).

When you use [!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" FontColor ""] you are basically setting the color to 'black'.
So, 'yes' that option works.

To 'revert' you need to set the value back to some default RGBA code, not delete the value, which causes Rainmeter to use 'black'.

FontColor=255,0,0,255
OnMouseOverAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" FontColor ""][!UpdateMeter #CurrentSection#][!Redraw]
OnMouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption "#CURRENTSECTION#" FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!UpdateMeter #CurrentSection#][!Redraw]
---

"#CurrentSection#" OR #CurrentSection# will give the same result. The only caveat is if there are SPACES in the section name it will fail... that is why it is a good habit to enclose bang parameters inside quotation marks. :thumbup:
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

eclectic-tech, it was a joke.. I know how it works, I wrote that part earlier.

As for "#CurrentSection#", I made a teeny-tiny mistake "only" instead of "also".
I must have mistakingly deleted the part where "only" was used for describing the way it was understood by rainmeter, "also" should have been used for something like this "#Font Color#" I guess (- or does the latter require magic-quotes (I've not tried it)).

I should have been lazy and instead of writing each meters names, I should have put CurrentSection, as pointed out by pds. Just going to do something like this tomorrow. And probably will make another skin in that format to keep it simple.

PS: How was your experience? Did you actually check the skin eclectic-tech?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Ah! Okay... haven't had time to check your skin yet, but I will eventually :D
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Ah man! Just found a bug (?) ... Repeat and Shuffle opacities when On/Off! Will look at them tomorrow...
Last edited by ZXCVBOT on November 8th, 2023, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.