It is currently May 9th, 2024, 2:08 am

Autocomb

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
reisir

Autocomb

Post by reisir »

Autocomb

The last honeycomb clone you'll ever need. Automatically generate combs for every single program on your computer, no need to hunt for icons online and manually fiddle with skin files.

Features:
  • Automatic comb generation for each application on your system!
  • Customizable styles and colors and shadows
  • Very small filesize due to not bundling in a ton of icons!
Installation:

Install using Meters on Demand:

Code: Select all

mond install reisir/autocomb
Manual installation instructions and more on GitHub: https://github.com/reisir/autocomb

Autocomb can't help you arrange your icons though...
Yet.
Shilling Meters on Demand (Rainmeter Package Manager)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Autocomb

Post by Yincognito »

reisir wrote: November 12th, 2023, 7:40 pm Autocomb can't help you arrange your icons though...
Yet.
Shouldn't be too hard to devise a grid like system based on the screen resolution (or the area desired to be populated and its coordinates and size), the number of combs and the size of a comb and sort them alphabetically as a base for it. Given the proper conditions, they could even be sticked / adjacent to one another...

Otherwise, nice work! :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Zeno

Re: Autocomb

Post by Zeno »

Been using it, it's pretty cool and works well.
My feedback:
Since it wipes custom-made combs whenever it generates the default ones, it's currently unusable for a lot of use case scenarios, like portable applications. It would be ideal and "the last honeycomb i'll ever need" if i could drag an executable-folder-file over the autocomb skin and have it generate it into a comb automatically, or if it had any other way to quickly create and maintain custom combs.