It is currently May 8th, 2024, 7:31 pm

MagickMeter doesn't work

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
KorolOrol

MagickMeter doesn't work

Post by KorolOrol »

After reinstalation of Windows MagickMeter stopped working. I tried to reinstall Rainmeter and ImageMagick several times, tried to install different skins, including my own. How to fix this problem? In debug spumming line "ERRO (21:22:42.843) MyBlur\MyBlurClock.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\KorolOrol\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MyBlur\0.png"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: MagickMeter doesn't work

Post by Yincognito »

KorolOrol wrote: December 8th, 2023, 2:24 pm After reinstalation of Windows MagickMeter stopped working. I tried to reinstall Rainmeter and ImageMagick several times, tried to install different skins, including my own. How to fix this problem? In debug spumming line "ERRO (21:22:42.843) MyBlur\MyBlurClock.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\KorolOrol\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MyBlur\0.png"
I used my own Rainmeter, ImageMagick and MagickMeter versions (Rainmeter 4.5.18.3727 (64-bit), ImageMagick-7.1.0-Q16-HDRI, MagickMeter 0.7.4.0; probably not that different from yours) and my own wallpaper to test your skin, and it works without any issues:
Magick.jpg
So, most likely, the problem is in your skin or file structure... :???:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I would suggest changing the path of the WallFile variable to use %UserProfile% instead of a hard coded path.
WallFile=%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles\{your cached image specs}
The skin worked for me after making that change.

The 0.png error is related to the initial measure not having a value and can be ignored.

My question is how are you obtaining the WallFile variable value?
If your screen resolution or wallpaper aspect are different, it will not work.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 8th, 2023, 4:06 pm The 0.png error is related to the initial measure not having a value and can be ignored.
For the record, I was doing some plugin file replacement to test with the OP's MagickMeter version (which worked, as expected), and the 0.png error also appears (frequently) if the plugin is not installed correctly, for example if the 32bit and 64bit are in the @Vault folder, but the proper .DLL file is not in the C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins folder.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: December 8th, 2023, 4:47 pm For the record, I was doing some plugin file replacement to test with the OP's MagickMeter version (which worked, as expected), and the 0.png error also appears (frequently) if the plugin is not installed correctly, for example if the 32bit and 64bit are in the @Vault folder, but the proper .DLL file is not in the C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins folder.
Doesn't really matter (or even better, doesn't matter at all) what is in the @Vault folder. Rainmeter doesn't use a plugin from this folder. But I have installed the correct version of the plugin to the right place and still get the error.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: December 8th, 2023, 5:01 pm Doesn't really matter (or even better, doesn't matter at all) what is in the @Vault folder. Rainmeter doesn't use a plugin from this folder. But I have installed the correct version of the plugin to the right place and still get the error.
I know the @Vault folder is just for plugin storage, nothing unexpected here - but I am surprised by the fact that you get the error too. I didn't get it at all (with the screenshot as the proof), except when (intentionally) doing that incomplete plugin installation / copying. Of course, I almost never install skins without checking their code or making proper replacements first, I don't like some random skin changing my wallpaper and that kind of stuff, so my test was with a valid image to begin with. :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: December 8th, 2023, 5:18 pm I know the @Vault folder is just for plugin storage,
That's just a kind of backup folder, to have a copy of both versions of all installed plugins. But i think you know this...
Yincognito wrote: December 8th, 2023, 5:18 pm but I am surprised by the fact that you get the error too. I didn't get it at all (with the screenshot as the proof), except when (intentionally) doing that incomplete plugin installation / copying. Of course, I almost never install skins without checking their code or making proper replacements first, I don't like some random skin changing my wallpaper and that kind of stuff, so my test was with a valid image to begin with. :confused:
This time I didn't check the code too far, due to a time lack. I'm probably gonna do this, but didn1T do it so far, so can't say too much. Just see the ImageName: Unable to open: XXX\0.png (MyBlur\MyBlurClock.ini) message in the log.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: December 8th, 2023, 6:28 pm That's just a kind of backup folder, to have a copy of both versions of all installed plugins. But i think you know this...

This time I didn't check the code too far, due to a time lack. I'm probably gonna do this, but didn1T do it so far, so can't say too much. Just see the ImageName: Unable to open: XXX\0.png (MyBlur\MyBlurClock.ini) message in the log.
Indeed. Probably the hardcoded image path specific to the OP that you don't have, like eclectic-tech mentioned. I assumed the image was valid in the OP's context, so replaced the path with a valid one in my own as well, hence no error. It's not that logical for someone asking for help to use non existing images in a skin and then complain that a plugin doesn't work just because it throws an error for wrong parameters, you know... :)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: December 8th, 2023, 5:01 pm Doesn't really matter (or even better, doesn't matter at all) what is in the @Vault folder. Rainmeter doesn't use a plugin from this folder. But I have installed the correct version of the plugin to the right place and still get the error.
@balala
If your screen resolution is not 1920x1080 OR your wallpaper aspect setting is not "Fill" it will not work because the cached image is created will have different values based on your screen resolution and how you set the way Windows changes it: "Fill, Fit, Span, Tile, etc."

The OP values of that file states he has a screen resolution of 1920x1080 and the wallpaper is set to FILL mode defined by POS4.
See the values in red:
WallFile=%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles\CachedImage_1920_1080_POS4.jpg

Those values MUST match your current screen resolution AND wallpaper aspect setting.
Since he reinstalled Windows those values may be different now... that is why I asked the OP how he established the current value of WallFile variable.

In my skins that use this plugin, I read the Registry values with several measures (provided by Yincognito a while ago) to obtain the current screen resolution and the aspect setting for the Windows wallpaper which are used to create the proper values of the WallFile variable?!

The image name can be different on every system and also change if the user changes his screen resolution or how the wallpaper is displayed.
KorolOrol

Post by KorolOrol »

I tried paste random image with name 0.png and get this result on the screenshot
Also began spam line in gebug: "WARN (02:50:48.833) MyBlur\MyBlurClock.ini - [MagickMeter]: !CommandMeasure: Not supported"
Yincognito wrote: December 8th, 2023, 3:50 pm MagickMeter 0.7.4.0
wery strange, because last release on github is 0.7.3
Last edited by KorolOrol on December 8th, 2023, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.