It is currently May 9th, 2024, 1:24 am

MagickMeter doesn't work

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
KorolOrol

Re: MagickMeter doesn't work

Post by KorolOrol »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 8th, 2023, 7:32 pm Those values MUST match your current screen resolution AND wallpaper aspect setting.
It is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 8th, 2023, 7:32 pm @balala
If your screen resolution is not 1920x1080 OR your wallpaper aspect setting is not "Fill" it will not work because the cached image is created will have different values based on your screen resolution and how you set the way Windows changes it: "Fill, Fit, Span, Tile, etc."
Yep, the screen resolution is the proper one (1920 x 1080), however the wallpaper was set to Stretch. But even if I set it to Fill, still get the error. Maybe I'm missing something here, but can1t get rid of that error message. Tend to renounce trying.
KorolOrol

Post by KorolOrol »

I found solve of the problem! New version of ImageMagick breaks MagickMeter, resently appeared issue on github: https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/issues/10
So, I installed 7.0.1-62 version and it's working well
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

KorolOrol wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:21 pm I found solve of the problem! New version of ImageMagick breaks MagickMeter, resently appeared issue on github: https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/issues/10
So, I install 7.0.1-62 version and it's working well
Ah! That good to hear you found the issue. The creator of the plugin may need to look at what the update changed... :???:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:24 pm The creator of the plugin may need to look at what the update changed... :???:
Don't worry kahnhas will return from his vacation in ███████ any second now...
aaaaaaany second now...
:(
KorolOrol wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:21 pm I found solve of the problem! New version of ImageMagick breaks MagickMeter, resently appeared issue on github: https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/issues/10
So, I installed 7.0.1-62 version and it's working well
Can you tell me the place you downloaded it from so I can add it to the post? I was only able to find official 6.9.X downloads but not the version right before it broke.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

KorolOrol wrote: December 8th, 2023, 7:33 pm wery strange, because last release on github is 0.7.3
I know it's strange, but it sometimes happens. Some skins do have newer versions of plugins included in their package (have no idea how, maybe some unreleased or upgraded / customized versions or forks). I know of at least one more such case, if I'm not mistaken AudioLevel, so I'm not that worried about it.

But yeah, that's why I also tried with your version of the plugin to make sure it throws no error (which it didn't, as expected). In the end, the versions of each participant in this mix was important, as you already discovered (one more reason why I specified the precise versions of Rainmeter, ImageMagick and MagickMeter that worked for me).

I'm glad you found out the reason why it didn't work before - good catch. Besides that, I believe you should at some point consider eclectic-tech's suggestions / observations, just in case you want your skin to work without any issues on more than just your particular case / scenario. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Jeff wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:34 pm Don't worry kahnhas will return from his vacation in ███████ any second now...
:lol: Nice one. And true. But hey, at least he does produce some nice plugins, so... nobody's perfect. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
KorolOrol

Post by KorolOrol »

Jeff wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:34 pm Can you tell me the place you downloaded
I found this version on Wayback machine, also exist previous versions on mirrors
Also I checked version on my previous system, it was 7.1.1-7 version, someone version after broke magickmeter
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

KorolOrol wrote: December 9th, 2023, 2:22 pm I found this version on Wayback machine, also exist previous versions on mirrors
Oh, that's really smart, I tried to check the official mirrors only on the ImageMagick site since I wouldn't trust random sites. I've linked a WayBack Machine link on the issue, while you shouldn't trust the WayBack Machine either cause users can upload versions of a page themselves (and can edit it maliciously), the page and download page have been created using the Save Page New feature, so it should be safe. Thank you!