My System monitor Skin

Skins that monitor system information
A2N

My System monitor Skin

Post by A2N »

Hello there :welcome:

There is my first skin : https://github.com/bouteillerAlan/rainmeter-clean-skin

What do you think of it?

Code review or new idea are very welcome !

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: My System monitor Skin

Post by balala »

A2N wrote: December 17th, 2023, 11:53 am What do you think of it?
The skins themselves look good, however the posted package is not alright at all. You should have to post one single .rmskin file. The linked package is a .zip, which when unpacked, gives a rainmeter-clean-skin-main folder, which contains among the skins included into subconfigs, a lot of text files, some with no extension, others with .md extension. There is a .rmskin skin installer as well, which assumable (I didn't install it, just took a look) installs the DUST-a2n config, which seems to contain the same skins as the rainmeter-clean-skin-main folder.
So, there is a total mess up, even if the skins are alright. You should tidy up in your package, then should repost it.
A2N

Post by A2N »

Hi balala :welcome: I hadn't noticed that my .rmskin duplicates the entire git repo. I've modified the repository and updated the .rmskin. Thanks for pointing it out!

Apart from that, the link given is a link to a git repository, hosted on github, so it's normal for there to be .md files and other things.
The .zip and .tar.gz files on the releases page are generated by github, they contain the git repository and I can't remove them.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

A2N wrote: December 17th, 2023, 8:57 pm Apart from that, the link given is a link to a git repository, hosted on github,
Since your package is quite small (much smaller than 1 MB) I recommend not to use git repository, better upload the package right here on the forum. You can do this by the attachment tab, below the field in which you're writing your post / reply. Alternatively you can use DeviantArt.com as well. No troubles with any of these.