It is currently April 30th, 2024, 2:57 pm

Radius on hiding skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
DNolep

Radius on hiding skin

Post by DNolep »

Hello, this is my first time make/edit a skin. and i want to ask that, can i add certain feature where I wanted the skin to hide when the mouse approached it within a certain radius?

this is the code that i want to add the feature

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable Scale "(#Scale#+#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale "(#Scale#+#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!Refresh] 
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetVariable Scale "(#Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement# < 0.1 ? 0.1 : #Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale "(#Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement# < 0.1 ? 0.1 : #Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!Refresh] 

[Variables]
@include=#@#Variables.inc
Scale=0.1

[MeasureDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%d %b %Y
Substitute=#Date#

[MeasureDateW]
Measure=Time
Format=%H:%M
Substitute=#Date#

[MeterDate]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureDate
FontFace=Aquatico
FontColor=242,242,242
StringEffect=Shadow
FontSize=(#Scale#*70)
InlineSetting=CharacterSpacing | 10 | 10
AntiAlias=1
X=0
Y=((#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)*(87.5/100))

[MeterDateW]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureDateW
FontFace=Aquatico
FontColor=242,242,242
StringEffect=Shadow
FontSize=(#Scale#*70)
InlineSetting=CharacterSpacing | 10 | 10
AntiAlias=1
X=100
Y=((#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#)*(89.5/100))

i tried to add this but it didn't work haha

Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,1000,#SCREENAREAHEIGHT# | Fill Color 255,255,255,0 | StrokeWidth 0
X=0
Y=0
W=0
H=0
Last edited by balala on March 31st, 2024, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are you posting codes. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Radius on hiding skin

Post by balala »

DNolep wrote: March 31st, 2024, 5:45 pm i tried to add this but it didn't work haha

Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,1000,#SCREENAREAHEIGHT# | Fill Color 255,255,255,0 | StrokeWidth 0
X=0
Y=0
W=0
H=0
As seems you've figured out, to can get the feature working only when you're hovering the mouse over the skin. There might be a not-visible part of the skin, but a Rainmeter skin can't be done to react when you just are approaching with the mouse. You need a MouseOverAction and a MouseLeaveAction option on the elemnt you want to use to hide the skin. I assume this is why you did add the last, not-named meter.
If this has been done, first thing you should have to try is to alter the Fill Color parameter of the above Shape option to a not entirely transparent color. For instance: Shape=Rectangle 0,0,1000,#SCREENAREAHEIGHT# | Fill Color 255,255,255,1 | StrokeWidth 0.
Please try out the above color replace and if you can1T get it working post the whole code of your skin, not just elements of it. Would be much easier to help.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

In addition to what balala said, once you have such an "almost transparent padding" around the visible part of the skin, you could set it to hide from the skin's context menu (see the On Hover section below):
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/context-menus/#SkinContextMenus
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

DNolep wrote: March 31st, 2024, 5:45 pm i tried to add this but it didn't work haha

Meter=Shape
X=0
Y=0
W=0
H=0
On top of what everyone has said, probably you know this but just in case, your shape meter is missing the [SectionName].