It is currently April 30th, 2024, 8:50 am

Cannot get SongInfo or NowPlaying to work

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
fapezone

Cannot get SongInfo or NowPlaying to work

Post by fapezone »

I saw rainmeter on instagram and downloaded it just a few days ago, and I took the skin that seemed best to my eye. (Ageo by ApexXx-SenSei)

I first tried to get it to work with my Windows Media Player, I filled my music folder with mp3's just to be sure if it was the issue, still didn't work.

Downloaded MusicBee, enabled CD Art Display, played with the .ini file again, yet still no response from the player.

I'm using Win 11 with Wallpaper Engine, I'll attach my .ini file here just to make sure.

NOTE: There was no [MeasurePlayer] in my .ini file when I first edited it, so added in one and then removed it, didn't change anything.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
Author=Connect-R
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable Scale "(#Scale#+#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale "(#Scale#+#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!Refresh] 
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetVariable Scale "(#Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement# < 0.2 ? 0.2 : #Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale "(#Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement# < 0.2 ? 0.2 : #Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!Refresh]

[Variables]
@include=#@#Variables.inc
@include2=#@#Language\#Language#.inc
Scale=0.5

;-------------------------------------------------------------

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=CAD
PlayerType=ARTIST
Substitue="":""

[MeasureTitle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=TITLE

[MeasureAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=ALBUM

[MeasureDuration]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=DURATION

[MeasurePosition]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=POSITION

[MeasureMinutesRemaining]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Trunc((MeasureDuration - MeasurePosition)/60)
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(.)$":"0\1"

[MeasureSecondsRemaining]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureDuration - MeasurePosition) % 60)
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(.)$":"0\1"

[MeterSign]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Sign.png
X=(10*#Scale#)
Y=(40*#Scale#)
W=(100*#Scale#)
UpdateDivider=-1
ImageTint=#Color2#

[MeterSign2]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureArtist
StringAlign=Left
FontFace=Glacial Indifference
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=(60*#Scale#)
X=(0*#Scale#)
Y=(0*#Scale#)
Text="♫"
AntiAlias=1
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeterArtist]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureArtist
StringAlign=Left
StringCase=Upper
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=(38*#Scale#)
X=(120*#Scale#)
Y=(50*#Scale#)
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1

[MeterTitle]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureTitle
StringAlign=Left
;StringCase=Upper
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=(20*#Scale#)
X=(65*#Scale#)
Y=(60*#Scale#)r
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1

[MeterAlbum]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureAlbum
StringAlign=Left
;StringCase=Upper
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=(20*#Scale#)
X=(5*#Scale#)
Y=(30*#Scale#)r
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1

[MeterRemaining]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureMinutesRemaining
MeasureName2=MeasureSecondsRemaining
StringAlign=Left
FontColor=#Color2#
FontSize=(20*#Scale#)
X=(5*#Scale#)
Y=(30*#Scale#)r
Text="- %1:%2"
AntiAlias=1
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cannot get SongInfo or NowPlaying to work

Post by eclectic-tech »

fapezone wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:26 am I saw rainmeter on instagram and downloaded it just a few days ago, and I took the skin that seemed best to my eye. (Ageo by ApexXx-SenSei)

I first tried to get it to work with my Windows Media Player, I filled my music folder with mp3's just to be sure if it was the issue, still didn't work.

Downloaded MusicBee, enabled CD Art Display, played with the .ini file again, yet still no response from the player.

I'm using Win 11 with Wallpaper Engine, I'll attach my .ini file here just to make sure.

NOTE: There was no [MeasurePlayer] in my .ini file when I first edited it, so added in one and then removed it, didn't change anything.

{code snipped}
Once you set MusicBee up and enable CD Art Display on startup, the skin will not see anything until you close MusicBee and RESTART MusicBee; then the skin will see the information.

This is most likely true any time you change the AGEO setting for the player type; restart the player.
xenium

Post by xenium »

fapezone wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:26 am I saw rainmeter on instagram and downloaded it just a few days ago, and I took the skin that seemed best to my eye. (Ageo by ApexXx-SenSei)

If you downloaded the skin from Deviantart, SongInfo works very well with both WMP and MusicBee.
https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Ageo-788359446
You don't have to edit the skin, just select the player you use in the settings menu.
I have Windows 10 but it should also work on Windows 11.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

fapezone wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:26 am Downloaded MusicBee, enabled CD Art Display, played with the .ini file again, yet still no response from the player.

You could try what eclectic-tech and xenium mentioned, and see if it works. A somewhat similar issue with MusicBee here (spoiler: I couldn't make MusicBee to work for me either, during the brief time when I tried):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42156&start=10#p220306

I would suggest to first try with some other fully supported player (good ol' Winamp will definitely work, for example) just to make sure it works, and only then attempt with other players like MusicBee or WMP. Normally, they should all work since they're fully supported players, but you need to have proper ID3 tags in your files with at least the artist and track names, and the player version to be a supported one (this one is at times tricky, since all these software make changes from version to version and if radical, such a change might break the compatibility with the plugin).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
fapezone

Post by fapezone »

eclectic-tech wrote: April 8th, 2024, 11:16 am Once you set MusicBee up and enable CD Art Display on startup, the skin will not see anything until you close MusicBee and RESTART MusicBee; then the skin will see the information.

This is most likely true any time you change the AGEO setting for the player type; restart the player.
About that, after I posted here, I booted up MusicBee again few hours later just to see that the SongInfo was working fine. Seems like a restart was everything it took, I've yet to try and get WMP to work though.

EDIT: My wallpaper engine has no sound now.

EDIT 2X: Somehow fixed that??
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

fapezone wrote: April 8th, 2024, 1:57 pm
EDIT: My wallpaper engine has no sound now.

EDIT 2X: Somehow fixed that??
Check your Wallpaper Settings, maybe it mute itself when something is playing audio
ui32_nwEkLgrkmq.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.