It is currently April 30th, 2024, 9:36 am

UPS Meter not updating

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cuyuni

UPS Meter not updating

Post by cuyuni »

Hi there,

I was trying to configure the UPS Meter, but for some reason, the meter does not update and keeps showing "Not Configured", even that I already configured it.
I added the sensor codes from HWiNFO regarding the UPS sensor. HWiNFO is reporting the information of the UPS sensors without an issue. The other meters I have configured are working fine. It seems the UPS Meter is not reading the information.

Thanks,
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: UPS Meter not updating

Post by SilverAzide »

cuyuni wrote: April 15th, 2024, 1:58 am Hi there,

I was trying to configure the UPS Meter, but for some reason, the meter does not update and keeps showing "Not Configured", even that I already configured it.
I added the sensor codes from HWiNFO regarding the UPS sensor. HWiNFO is reporting the information of the UPS sensors without an issue. The other meters I have configured are working fine. It seems the UPS Meter is not reading the information.

Thanks,
Are you referring to the UPS Meter from the Gadgets suite? If so, you need to be sure to configure the "AC Line" value for your UPS in HWiNFO; that is how the skin knows something has been configured. Secondly, if you are using HWiNFO in a language other than English, be sure to configure the "yes/no" translation variables at the bottom of the file.

Code: Select all

HWiNFO_Yes="Yes"
HWiNFO_No="No"
Let me know if you are still having issues.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
cuyuni

Post by cuyuni »

Yes, I am referring to the Rainmeter gadget suit.
My language is English.

These are the configured Settings for the gadget:

This is how the gadget looks:

This is another of the gadgets that is able to pull the info without problem from HWiNFO:

Thanks,
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cuyuni wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:05 am These are the configured Settings for the gadget:
What am I posting now is not an answer to the question, I let SilverAzide to answer them. This is just a technical detail, which should be taken into account by any user posting codes: adding a screenshot of a code is something which doesn't make sense at all. Anyone wanting to try it out, has to take the posted image and rewrite the code. Why would we do this? Instead would be a great thing to post the code itself, using <Code> tags.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

cuyuni wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:05 am Yes, I am referring to the Rainmeter gadget suit.
My language is English.

These are the configured Settings for the gadget:

Thanks,
Got it, thanks! This is an easy fix. Instead of entering the index of the AC Line sensor, you just entered the word "Yes". Make sure you have HWiNFO set to report the status of your AC line sensor (it will return "Yes" if you have line power and "No" if you are on battery).

Code: Select all

HWiNFO_UPS_ACLine=<enter sensor index number here>
Enjoy!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
cuyuni

Post by cuyuni »

That little detail made it!!!
Thanks, SilverAzide.

Balala thanks for the suggestion.