It is currently May 19th, 2024, 8:12 pm

RainformerHWi + Remote Host Monitoring - hwinfo.dll plugin question

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
war4peace

Re: RainformerHWi + Remote Host Monitoring - hwinfo.dll plugin question

Post by war4peace »

SilverAzide wrote: April 28th, 2024, 10:01 pm This is not correct, you are conflating two different things and getting them mixed up. The HWiNFO docs are correct (and they are not obsolete). The Rainformer code you showed (which I can't find in my code) are variables, not measure options.

No, no, no, you are not out of luck! :) ModernGadgets doesn't support remote monitoring either, so that is not a valid comparison.

The problem is the skins, not HWiNFO or the plugin. As I was trying to say above, that section of code you posted does not appear in the Rainformer suite. Maybe it somehow gets added if you have a remote host, but it does NOT appear in the code I have for the latest 3.1 version. But either way, the skins themselves are not configured to handle remote hosts.

For example, in the GPU2 skin, look at this measure:

Code: Select all

[GpuCoreUsage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=#HWiNFO-Gpu2-Usage-SensorId#
HWiNFOSensorInstance=#HWiNFO-Gpu2Usage-SensorInstance#
HWiNFOEntryId=#HWiNFO-Gpu2-Usage-EntryId#
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
Disabled=(#GpuUsage#=0)
As described in the HWiNFO docs, you can see the HWiNFOHostId option is missing. Therefore this measure is ONLY going to look at your local GPU sensors.

If you want this skin to see remote HWiNFO sensors, you need to add the line HWiNFOHostId=<your remote host id> to every HWiNFO plugin measure in the skin. Or, if you want to use that code snippet, you need to set the remote host Id (if it is not zero) then add the line
HWiNFOHostId=#HWiNFO-TEMPS-GPU2-HostId# to all the measures.

That is all that is needed.
Thank you, that clarifies a lot of things.
Yes, that code part I posted only appears if I add remote host values in the configuration part of Rainformer using HWInfo SMV. That's why you can't find it on your side.
It was weird to me that in the GUI configuration, when I selected a remote value, The Host ID was showing and that is the variable that was saved in the .inc file.
Indeed, I was missing the HWiNFOHostId=<your remote host id> entry in the skin .ini, solely because I didn't know where it should have been put. As you correctly stated, I was conflating two different things.

Now that I have the correct way to do it, it was easy and yes, now I can see remote machine values. Hurray!
Thank you very much for helping out!